Sytner Golden Ticket Event

Bells

Reaction score
Anyone been contacted by a Sytner dealership recently about a Golden Ticket Event, I’ve received an email but not sure why as I’ve not bought a car from them before and it reads like it hasn’t been sent to everyone (highly doubt this though).

Basically works like this
£500 is the minimum value of your voucher... However, it could be worth as much as £10,000* off the recommended retail price of a new Audi.

When you visit the event each car will have a number displayed in the windscreen. Simply multiply your voucher by this corresponding number and this will be the discount you receive off the recommended retail price (new car) or screen price (used car).

Thing is I’m not in a rush to change my car but if there was a deal going I may be tempted into it (probably looking at used / nearly new this time around), just wondered if anyone on here had been and found it worthwhile or a waste of time, reason being the dealer isn’t my most local so can’t just pop down the road.

Yeah I got the email too. I'm not interested in changing either but I reckon it's just a sales gimmick.
Would it be any different to what you could negotiate at any other time, I doubt it tbh!

Reactions: S32B
My wife had a invitation to a New Polo VIP Event from our local VW dealer. The event was over the last weekend (16-19 March). We went along as my wife is quite interested in changing her current Polo for a new one. Quite a number of New Polos on display and she had a test drive in a 95bhp SE model. Will probably be ordering one ! The events are a a way of boosting sales before the end of the financial year.

I also received an invitation to the nearby Audi dealer for a similar VIP Event over the same weekend. As I'm not in the market for a new A3 until the 2019 model comes out I decided not to go along.

Well, if I could get £10,000 of an RS3, I would swap my S3 for one.

Reactions: Bells and oli356
Would love to know what you could get 10k off on! Something like an A8 maybe? Big price tag and its got to be one of the least selling cars?

lol these things always make me laugh, as others have said nothing you can't get at anytime!

We looked at a holiday yesterday and it was marked up 'Sale £250 off...only 12 hours left for this offer'. We couldn't book it until my wife checked with work about having the time off, just looked today and it's still the same price, just not showing the 'Sale £250 off...only 12 hours left for this offer' :D

Reactions: Bells
I went to a similar event last summer at Marshall's and in fairness to them they did get me deal for £8.5k off an S5 SB, plus the normal dealer contributions.

I didn't take it because it wouldn't fit in my garage!

I've been into Sytner's in Nottingham this morning and co-incidently received another Golden Ticket invitation e-mail. The event has now been extended to 25th March due to the 'Beast' bad weather. The guy I was speaking to said it was a popular event but sales were hit badly by the weather over the weekend.

I didm't look too closely, as it wasn't the reason I was there, but most vehicles, new and used, were stickered for the event. Some hefty discounts (unto £4,000 I think) on some of the more expensive models (and those hard to shift, I would imagine).

It’s a typical sales gimmick. If Joe Bloggs walked in off the street and negotiated hard enough he’d get exactly the same discount as the people who received the exclusive “golden ticket” invite.

The sad thing is that many of the so called golden ticket recipients will probably come up for it:whistle2:

Reactions: oli356 and Bells
Reading Audi had a big banner outside the building it seemed when I drove past earlier, advertising the golden ticket event....hmm....

I feel less special now . ;)

Reactions: Bells