H & R ARB settings

solihul

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had a set of H&R arb's fitted to my car with the rest of the suspension standard, what settings have most people put their arb's on.

There are both soft and stiff settings for the front and back, have tried soft all round but the car feels like it did with the old arb's, have tried stiff all around but the back end it too twitchy with way too much understeer, have tried both front stiff and rear soft and front soft and rear stiff but not sure which is better, was just wondering what most people have set theirs to,

Also I only have two settings for both the front and the back, (two holes on each side), have seen pics of H&R arbs with 3 settings, does anyone have 3 settings for ther arb's :confused:

Cheers

solihul said:
Hi,

I've had a set of H&R arb's fitted to my car with the rest of the suspension standard, what settings have most people put their arb's on.

There are both soft and stiff settings for the front and back, have tried soft all round but the car feels like it did with the old arb's, have tried stiff all around but the back end it too twitchy with way too much understeer, have tried both front stiff and rear soft and front soft and rear stiff but not sure which is better, was just wondering what most people have set theirs to,

Also I only have two settings for both the front and the back, (two holes on each side), have seen pics of H&R arbs with 3 settings, does anyone have 3 settings for ther arb's :confused:

Cheers

I've got mine on the stiffest setting all round, the car should be completely neutral to drive. Whats the rest of your set up? How are you driving it?

The rest of my suspension is standard, springs, shocks etc,

The back end has stepped out a few times when taking some roundabouts quickly when the back is setup stiff and feels too hard as if the back end bounces out.

Have you got 2 or 3 settings on your arb's

solihul said:
The rest of my suspension is standard, springs, shocks etc,

The back end has stepped out a few times when taking some roundabouts quickly when the back is setup stiff and feels too hard as if the back end bounces out.

Have you got 2 or 3 settings on your arb's

two setting. Never had the above problems with mine on standard suspension. Sounds like your dampers are cream crackered and the back stepping out, thats more than likely your driving style.