Oil for 63 plate 2.0 tdi

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
evening all.

I've had a look through the manual but it doesn't seem to mention what oil I need? Just mentions 507.000 or something if I have a dpf

So my question is 5w30 or 5w40?? There the choices euros are giving me at the moment.

Could any one recommend a oil as on the euro car parts website it doesn't state the specs of the oil. I did look one up and it was only to 502/505

I've got my eyes on https://www.shell.co.uk/motorist/oi...ly-synthetic/shell-helix-ultra-ect-5w-30.html

Also would it be better for my engine using normal oil and change every 12 months. ( I only do 11-12k miles ) or useing long life oil and changing every 12 months ??

I can post my reg via pm if someone needs it to help me with what oil

Thanks in advance.

0W-30 or 5W-30 oil is what you need, 5W-40 is only suitable for petrol engines on fixed service regimes (502.00).

Dealers use long life oil regardless of what regime your car is on anyway.

0W-30 or 5W-30 oil is what you need, 5W-40 is only suitable for petrol engines on fixed service regimes (502.00).

Dealers use long life oil regardless of what regime your car is on anyway.

As above 5W30 or 0W30 507.00 .

Thanks guys. Ill be honest I'm thick as dogs **** when it comes to oil. I'm guessing 5w30 will be fine for uk climate over the 0?? As if I stand corrected the first number is to do with cold start or something ??

Reactions: davc
Yes 5W-30 is generally fine for our climate.

I use the 0W-30 shell ECT in both our cars, shop around and you can get some good deals on it

evening all.

I've had a look through the manual but it doesn't seem to mention what oil I need? Just mentions 507.000 or something if I have a dpf

So my question is 5w30 or 5w40?? There the choices euros are giving me at the moment.

Could any one recommend a oil as on the euro car parts website it doesn't state the specs of the oil. I did look one up and it was only to 502/505

I've got my eyes on https://www.shell.co.uk/motorist/oi...ly-synthetic/shell-helix-ultra-ect-5w-30.html

Also would it be better for my engine using normal oil and change every 12 months. ( I only do 11-12k miles ) or useing long life oil and changing every 12 months ??

I can post my reg via pm if someone needs it to help me with what oil

Thanks in advance.

Hi, i've got 13 plate 20.tdi 150bhp - Only had my car serviced once at the Audi Dealers - They used 5w 30 Mobil 1 ESP - I've done two oil changes myself since (one per year after 6-8k miles annually) and always used this oil - £35 for 5 litre bottle - car takes 4.7 litres if you have same engine as me

Yes 5W-30 is generally fine for our climate.

I use the 0W-30 shell ECT in both our cars, shop around and you can get some good deals on it

Think I'll have to go down the 0w30 route as I'm struggling to find the 5w30 ECT although it's listed on shells website. Does your car drink any of the oil on the 0w30?? I guess the 0w will be better for cold morning starts and flow around the engine faster

Think I'll have to go down the 0w30 route as I'm struggling to find the 5w30 ECT although it's listed on shells website. Does your car drink any of the oil on the 0w30?? I guess the 0w will be better for cold morning starts and flow around the engine faster
My car hasn't used any oil in 38k miles, although t has been driven hard from day one.

My car hasn't used any oil in 38k miles, although t has been driven hard from day one.

Thanks. My local euros have the 0w30 in so I'll just go for that one

Reactions: davc
Not sure why you're hung up on the 0W .

0W good for up to - 30°C
5W to - 25°C .