Anyone running around 280bhp on a standard clutch? 2.0tfsi quattro

Ash_mtb

Reaction score
as above, really dont wana waste money on a stock luk clutch if its gonna slip but uprated start at £500 for disc and pressure plate! Really hoping someone on here's got a good idea, im sure theres alot of you mapped.... thanks for any help in advance, really want to start spendin money on suspension!

yep I am , well 270 ish and no issues , mine will need doing at some point but not had any slippage problem for a good while now, certainly none since few engine mods.

i'm on approx. 66k miles on the original oem clutch, not sure what the lifespan is normally , i'm just going with the flow really...

Thats great mate, thanks for the reply. Mines on 96k with no info of a clutch change. been running the map for 5yrs aswell so if its original its done very well indeed! I can get the luk kit cheap from a mate in the trade so thats whats goin in. Your avant looks spot on, read through your pcv delete well thought out and in depth. this is allso on the to do list asap as the current ones knackered again!

Yeah, I'm running about 380 whp on the stock clutch which is also the original clutch on the car. Currently have about 128,000 miles on the car/clutch.

380whp on stock internals thats impresive! I thought the rods went well beffore that kind of power.. whats your engine code? 128,000 on the clutch aswell ive defo got nothin to worry about then. Thanks for the reply mate

Yeah, I'm running about 380 whp on the stock clutch which is also the original clutch on the car. Currently have about 128,000 miles on the car/clutch.
****** HELL FIRE.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ash_mtb
380whp on stock internals thats impresive! I thought the rods went well beffore that kind of power.. whats your engine code? 128,000 on the clutch aswell ive defo got nothin to worry about then. Thanks for the reply mate

My engine code is BPG. I’m due to take the car in again with SA Tuning. They’re gonna do some more work on it. Specifically a LPFP, 255 Walbro and a new intake manifold because I have a pretty significant boost leak so I’m not getting all that power that it was making initially. I will have it back Wednesday so hopefully I’ll have new info to report. Good info hopefully.

Speaking of clutch though I do have a Southbend stage 2 clutch and flywheel that I need to install but I won’t be doing that for a few months at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck gettin it sorted bud. your car must be An awesome drive, cant beat big turbo fun! There a build thread for it?

Cars spot on mate! 5500rpm n ur in a rocket love it. Defo get rid of the rev c dv though ive had boost leaks from 2 of those! Now using a gfb dv+ setup and boost holds noticably better even enough to start the clutch slipping in the torque range of the engine. Look forward to sein ur bottom end built!

Haven’t been on the rollers for sometime but believe I’m running around the 270 mark. 90K on the clock and I get occasional slip from the clutch. More so when I’m reversing up the drive or giving it the boot on the motorway. Just invested in a Sachs clutch and housing, will be fitting shortly and replacing the DMF with the standard LUK unit... when funds allow.

Haven’t been on the rollers for sometime but believe I’m running around the 270 mark. 90K on the clock and I get occasional slip from the clutch. More so when I’m reversing up the drive or giving it the boot on the motorway. Just invested in a Sachs clutch and housing, will be fitting shortly and replacing the DMF with the standard LUK unit... when funds allow.
Thats pretty much what mines doin now, similar mileage and power to yours bud. I was just about to invest in some coils aswell! Im gona go with a standard luk kit i dont intend upin the power so should be good. I was lookin at the sachs uprated from awesome gti but was £500. You managed to get one cheaper?

I'm on 120k with stock clutch and DMF and around 255-260hp and it slips like mad! Got a South Bend stage 3 clutch and SMF which was supposed to be going in this month but taking the Mrs away for the weekend for her birthday/mothers day now instead :whip:

Will be going in next month now when my tax rebate comes in

I'm on 120k with stock clutch and DMF and around 255-260hp and it slips like mad! Got a South Bend stage 3 clutch and SMF which was supposed to be going in this month but taking the Mrs away for the weekend for her birthday/mothers day now instead :whip:

Will be going in next month now when my tax rebate comes in
How much did that set you back and where did you get it from bud?

Bought it from a guy on here for £750. You can only get them from the US so with import tax your looking at over £1000 but if your going for big horse power its a must really.

This is the one I've got:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/South-Be...514049&hash=item3afc834b98:g:RGsAAOSwUoNaTULM
Uprating the clutch gets expensive even just the sachs clutch and pressure plate rated for 400lbft is £500 at awesomegti. Then u still need a flywheel n release bearing. So you had a good deal! You got plans for more power then mate?

Yeah mate. Having a new hybrid turbo built at the moment. It should be good for 415-430hp. Wont be reaching those figures until I forge the bottom end so that's a way off yet, but I will get there! I've got everything else ready to go on the car to go stage 3, just got to find the time to fit it! I've been advised our stock internals are good up to 350hp, any more and you run the risk of bending a rod. Although there are guys out there pushing more than that with no issues.

The cars not my daily drive, only use it on weekends. Probably wouldn't go further than stage 2+ if it was used daily

Yeah mate. Having a new hybrid turbo built at the moment. It should be good for 415-430hp. Wont be reaching those figures until I forge the bottom end so that's a way off yet, but I will get there! I've got everything else ready to go on the car to go stage 3, just got to find the time to fit it! I've been advised our stock internals are good up to 350hp, any more and you run the risk of bending a rod. Although there are guys out there pushing more than that with no issues.

The cars not my daily drive, only use it on weekends. Probably wouldn't go further than stage 2+ if it was used daily
All sounds good bud u got a progress thread for your car? Love reading through a big turbo build! Ive heard that aswell and tbf 350hp pretty good for stock internals. Read alot of full engine builds that all go wrong on audizine, i think if i had the money id just stick rods in and go for reliable power but mine does do a work run daily and with the wife in it! Lol she scares me at 280hp! Look forward to sein this gettin built then... hope it goes well!

If you do have a build thread I’d like to read about it as well. Mine is daily driven and even this summer when I hopefully build the bottom it will still be daily. I bought the car to drive it and that’s what I’m gonna do.

Look forward to seeing your progress. Let me know if you run into any hurdles. I’ve had a ton so I’d be glad to help if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan_Avant and Ash_mtb
I haven't got a build thread. Will prob start one when I eventually get around to fitting parts! Working flat out at the mo and got a young family so finding the time is hard.

I'm going down the hybrid turbo route as its plug and play. I've gone with the Beach Buggy Turbos BBT430. Give em a Google, there's plenty info on em. Have a look at their FB page.

Parts I've got so far are:

K&N cone filter with 034 Motorsport TIP
Evolution Racewerks SMIC upgrade with 034 Motorsport silicone hoses
APR HPFP upgrade
S3 injectors
RS4 fuel pressure regulator valve
BBT430 hybrid turbo
034 Motorsport HFC
Milltek cat back exhaust
Dual catch cans
Funk MOtorsport turbo blanket
South Bend stage 3 Daily Clutch with SMF

Think that's it. Going to get a custom inlet manifold with runner flap delete and few other bits in the future

thats a nice list of parts! What power are you going for on the stock engine then? Ive considered the k04 swap many times for ease really. But the gains just arent enough, defo better off putting the money towards a setup like you are! I know the time constraints of a young family trust me lol. Hopefully you can get some pics and running vids up, its interesting to see em built, if funds allowed i'd prob be pushing the stock bottom end on a big turbo by now!

Thats pretty much what mines doin now, similar mileage and power to yours bud. I was just about to invest in some coils aswell! Im gona go with a standard luk kit i dont intend upin the power so should be good. I was lookin at the sachs uprated from awesome gti but was £500. You managed to get one cheaper?
Unfortunately not, paid £502 :grumpy: Still got the DMF to buy on top of that.

@Ash_mtb I'd be happy with anything between 320-350 for now. Ideally I want to break the 400hp barrier. In my experience that's when cars start getting really quick!

I'll def post pics as the parts start going on.

@i3oricua I'm sure I'll be calling on your experience mate. I know things never go to plan when building a project!

Unfortunately not, paid £502 :grumpy: Still got the DMF to buy on top of that.
What youre doing is the cheapest way though in uk (i think) ive looked into it, theres much more options and suppliers in the us but import charges make it silly money! Unfortunatly though uprating the clutch is a must when on the hunt for power. Are you planning on a turbo upgrade?

@Ash_mtb I'd be happy with anything between 320-350 for now. Ideally I want to break the 400hp barrier. In my experience that's when cars start getting really quick!

I'll def post pics as the parts start going on.

@i3oricua I'm sure I'll be calling on your experience mate. I know things never go to plan when building a project!
I rekon 350 in one of these would feel pretty nice! That was my plan when lookin into turbos etc. Get it up there n let us know if its fun haha.
I3oricua is at 405 whp i think, and on standard internals! I should imagine 400+ is pretty frantic!

What youre doing is the cheapest way though in uk (i think) ive looked into it, theres much more options and suppliers in the us but import charges make it silly money! Unfortunatly though uprating the clutch is a must when on the hunt for power. Are you planning on a turbo upgrade?
Not at the moment... I Might look into the K03 hybrid turbo route at a later date, few more mods planned before hand. What about yourself, any plans for a big turbo?

Not at the moment... I Might look into the K03 hybrid turbo route at a later date, few more mods planned before hand. What about yourself, any plans for a big turbo?
Your car needs nothin more than power now lol. Looks perfect mate! Only plans ive got are coils at the moment and clutch first. I think the ko3 hybrids are a good call n im gona do some research as i think my turbos been on the limit for a long time lol

Your car needs nothin more than power now lol. Looks perfect mate! Only plans ive got are coils at the moment and clutch first. I think the ko3 hybrids are a good call n im gona do some research as i think my turbos been on the limit for a long time lol
Thanks bud, still have a few things I want to change... New wheels are ready to go on shortly. Think it’ll be the HPFP and stage 2+ after that. Coilovers are a good option, I changed all the control arms at the same time and it’s made a big difference to how the car feels. If you’re planning on keeping the car for a bit it’s a worthwhile investment.

Thanks bud, still have a few things I want to change... New wheels are ready to go on shortly. Think it’ll be the HPFP and stage 2+ after that. Coilovers are a good option, I changed all the control arms at the same time and it’s made a big difference to how the car feels. If you’re planning on keeping the car for a bit it’s a worthwhile investment.
I really like the oem look of it now on those wheels! What wheels you got goin on? Im startin to think from seing hundreds of pics of em 18's and a drop really suit the b7. How much did all the control arms cost bud?

I sold my Ronals as I wanted something different, tried quite few that didn't workout , went with some Rials which were very , very similar to the ronals , they were nice but still 18".
Went down the brembo 18z brake route so needed something else that I liked that also cleared the calipers on an Et35 but without spacers hence why i'm on the rs4 style 19" ......and as much as I keep looking at others i'll probably still be on them for the foreseeable future.
They look nice and fit without issues.....best plan really.

Ive seen a pic of it somewhere on the rials and had to look twice at the wheels lol. So theres method to your 19’s! Does look lovely though bud. I just like the way on 18’s you can have a sensible height with regarding rubbing etc but the whole car justs sits much closer to the ground hence looks the nuts! The original ronals are just getting some sensible spacers when i can finaly get it lowered haha

I really like the oem look of it now on those wheels! What wheels you got goin on? Im startin to think from seing hundreds of pics of em 18's and a drop really suit the b7. How much did all the control arms cost bud?
I’ve got a set of 19” Ronal Rota’s ready to go on, just need some time to get them sorted. Probably going to keep the OEM Ronal’s as I do like them a lot. I used a Febi Bilstein control arm kit, cost just over £300. Decent kit for the money.

I’ve got a set of 19” Ronal Rota’s ready to go on, just need some time to get them sorted. Probably going to keep the OEM Ronal’s as I do like them a lot. I used a Febi Bilstein control arm kit, cost just over £300. Decent kit for the money.
U'll av to get some pics up when there on bud, i prefer 18's on em but im sure it'll look top notch! Defo keep the original wheels it looks sorted on em and ull allways have em to chuck back on if u wana sell the rotas

Reactions: Rob Avant