front bumper difference

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
I was just looking at S3 front splitter options and they offer a splitter for the sportback /hatchback and one for the cabriolet/saloon. Are the front bumpers different?

Yup, for both Facelift and Pre-facelift so need to make sure you get a splitter thats for your body shape. Saying that though there was a post on facebook this morning where a guy with a facelift saloon had installed a pre-facelift maxton splitter.

Edit: found the Facebook post and nabbed the photos. The splitter is for a Sportback pre-facelift car by the looks of things as once installed there is a gap between the splitter and the bottom of the grill trim, which is kinda hidden by the camera angel.

28472339 10212169367455451 6445171775533866867 n 1

Reactions: Starry
Yup, for both Facelift and Pre-facelift so need to make sure you get a splitter thats for your body shape. Saying that though there was a post on facebook this morning where a guy with a facelift saloon had installed a pre-facelift maxton splitter.

Edit: found the Facebook post and nabbed the photos. The splitter is for a Sportback pre-facelift car by the looks of things as once installed there is a gap between the splitter and the bottom of the grill trim, which is kinda hidden by the camera angel.

View attachment 149991
Ah, i thought PFL were all the same up until the last 20% of the car.

Just Googled the front ends and they look the same, must be very subtle.

Just Googled the front ends and they look the same, must be very subtle.
Sport and SE fronts have differences to the s-line, facelift and pre-facelift are different, 3dr / sportback are different to saloon / cabrio, these two group don’t share any body panels between them as the saloon / cabrio are wider.

Sport and SE fronts have differences to the s-line, facelift and pre-facelift are different, 3dr / sportback are different to saloon / cabrio, these two group don’t share any body panels between them as the saloon / cabrio are wider.
Thanks for that, what id like to know is, wants the difference between the S3 saloon and the hatchback/fastback?

Pre-face lift s3 Saloon/cab vs 3/5 door.
Saloon doesn’t share a single panel with the 3/5 door I think. (Different bumpers/wings/doors)

Facelift - all the front ends are the same regardless of variant. (Cost savings)

Pre-face lift s3 Saloon/cab vs 3/5 door.
Saloon doesn’t share a single panel with the 3/5 door I think. (Different bumpers/wings/doors)

Facelift - all the front ends are the same regardless of variant. (Cost savings)
Thanks, I'm totally surprised at that, thought it was all the same up front. Ive bought a res delete. Hopefully thats the same...

Facelift Sportback S-Line Trim:
Screen Shot 2018 03 04 at 091518

Facelift Sportback SE / Sport Trim:
Screen Shot 2018 03 04 at 091522

Pre-Facelift Sportback S-Line Trim:
Screen Shot 2018 03 04 at 091543

Pre-facelift Saloon S-Line Trim:
Screen Shot 2018 03 04 at 092140

Pre-facelift Saloon SE / Sport Trim:
Screen Shot 2018 03 04 at 092031

Facelift and Pre-facelift groups, ie Saloon / Cabrio and Sportback / 3dr still don't share any body panels and infect are made in different factories because of this.

Reactions: Starry