Rusty bits

terrysingh

Reaction score
:think: hi guys, i'm new here, and had a question? i'm getting some bumper bit sprayed soon and noticed some oxidation on the gloss black triangle bit on the rear door window of my A4 is this a easy fix, i've seen these carbon fibre piller bits you can get and cant seem to find the back bits, to match my spoiler i'm fitting soon.

Take it to a dealer, it will be covered by warranty. They have something like a 15 year corrosion warranty, and if there's no chipped paint there, they'll replace it. I had it on my previous A4, and the dealer tried to blame it on stone chips, but the paint wasn't broken, just bubbling from under the paint, they replaced it foc.

terrysingh said:
:think: hi guys, i'm new here, and had a question? i'm getting some bumper bit sprayed soon and noticed some oxidation on the gloss black triangle bit on the rear door window of my A4 is this a easy fix, i've seen these carbon fibre piller bits you can get and cant seem to find the back bits, to match my spoiler i'm fitting soon.

Im not just saying this but I was going to post exactly same thing lastnight before the server went down.

sorted, im gonna take a trip to the dealers!!

Ive got the same prob on mine. Its going in at the end of the month for warrany paintwork on the wheel arches, Ill try and get them to do that while there at it. :)

Be aware that they don't respray them, they replace the part, so you might want to take it in before so that they can order the part.

thanks guys, i use my car daily even giving it in for a service is a struggle, and i dont wanna have to pay the dealers for what might be a easy job,

dont these bits just clip out with the window down, my golf gti had a simiular bit that was goting funny and was easy to change?? or is it a right wA@k#r to change?????