Audi A4 3.0tdi Actuator Problems

Mark Brecknell

Reaction score
Hi I need some help badly as I am new to this site. I have a Audi A4 3.0 S Line Quattro and iv recently started having a problem 1 with engine management light staying on and also glow plug light coming on under acceleration. Have put the car on a vag com and faults coming up are turbo actuator problem and 1,3,&4 glow plugs down so this weekend i bought new borsch glow plugs and also a refurbished electronic actuator also new service kit as well gave them to my mechanic to fit and sort out , to find that when I drove the car up the road for all the same faults to come up and also car goes into limp mode. Is there anybody out there that can advise me on this please .
Mark

Hi I need some help badly as I am new to this site. I have a Audi A4 3.0 S Line Quattro and iv recently started having a problem 1 with engine management light staying on and also glow plug light coming on under acceleration. Have put the car on a vag com and faults coming up are turbo actuator problem and 1,3,&4 glow plugs down so this weekend i bought new borsch glow plugs and also a refurbished electronic actuator also new service kit as well gave them to my mechanic to fit and sort out , to find that when I drove the car up the road for all the same faults to come up and also car goes into limp mode. Is there anybody out there that can advise me on this please .
Mark
Did your mechanic use the vag tool to reset the actuator up to your Turbo as this needs to be done so the computer knows where the closed and fully open positions are.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mark Brecknell
Did your mechanic use the vag tool to reset the actuator up to your Turbo as this needs to be done so the computer knows where the closed and fully open positions are.

Thanks for the reply I'm not sure will ask him. What' the vag tool you are reffering to.
Regards
Mark

Thanks for the reply I'm not sure will ask him. What' the vag tool you are reffering to.
Regards
Mark
It's a VAS6395B are your vnt vanes opening up fully or do you have same problem I had with sticky vanes that limit the movement and then throws up the mil light

It's a VAS6395B are your vnt vanes opening up fully or do you have same problem I had with sticky vanes that limit the movement and then throws up the mil light

Yes the vnt vanes are opening correctly he checked when he took off the old actuator.