Forge short shift

MattS5

Reaction score
Just fitted a Forge short shift to my car.

Only ordered it yesterday after seeing how much folks on the TT forum were raving on about it.

Well pleased with it, easy to fit and great result, it does exactly what it says it should do. (before anyone says anything, I'm sure there is cheaper or more expensive options out there, but for £75 delivered, I'm a very happy man)

:)

is the pre-facelift version just as easy to fit? does it remove the 1st to 2nd notchyness or does it make it worse?

Booth_S3 said:
do you need to get the car on some ramps to fit?

No ramps, just access from the front/side of the car via the bonnet.

I did remove the battery cover, 2 screws, 30 secs to ensure I had as much room as possible.

It took 25 mins at the most, and that was working in the dark with just an inspection lamp.

jonS3 said:
is the pre-facelift version just as easy to fit? does it remove the 1st to 2nd notchyness or does it make it worse?

I'm not sure they do a pre facelift version yet.

It doesn't remove any notcheness, but it does remove the travel and stiffen the selection slightly, making for a more solid change as opposed to the spoon in custard apporach of the original change.

I was thinking about one of these, so great timing for this post - you have just helped me make up my mind :icon_thumright:

i didn't read anything about this kit being only for facelift cars?
it says its for mk1 and mk2 A3/S3

Glad I could be of help to some people.

Dultanur - The fitting instructions are here http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/media/6 speed stg1 fitting.pdf

You just need to make sure your current bracket has the pin type of connection on the cable as opposed to a ball (which is found on the mk1 TT's apparantley)

It may be that all S3's have that type of connection :)

Funky Junky - Just seen your sig....very funny !

i was told they fit all VAG 6-spd boxes??? can anyone confirm this?

thanks