Offset help ?

Ben Kennett

Reaction score
Hi all new to the forum and tried the search but couldn’t find what I was looking for, recently picked up my 2018 s3 sportback. I’m looking to change the wheels and have found a set I like However they are staggered, fronts 8.5, rears 9.5 ET45 what are people’s opinions on this setup ? Should I steer clear of staggered ? Ideally I would like to see a photo of someone running this setup so I can see the poke etc.
Ben

Hi all new to the forum and tried the search but couldn’t find what I was looking for, recently picked up my 2018 s3 sportback. I’m looking to change the wheels and have found a set I like However they are staggered, fronts 8.5, rears 9.5 ET45 what are people’s opinions on this setup ? Should I steer clear of staggered ? Ideally I would like to see a photo of someone running this setup so I can see the poke etc.
Ben
I'm running with OEM RS3 rotors which are staggered - 8.5 x 19 ET53 245/35 and 8.0 x 19 ET49 245/35. I have the 8.5 on the rear and they sit very close to the shock. When I have time I'm swapping them to the front.

In your case 9.5 ET45 means they will sit further towards the guard by 8mm compared with mine but the rims are around 10mm wider. You haven't said what size tyres. Also ideally you want the wider rubber on the front as per the RS3.

IMO 8.5" and 9.5" is just too different size-wise to fit the same tyre on both. Why I'm pointing out that you should fit the same tyres on both is because the haldex cluth for the quattro will be overloaded if you fit different sizes on each axle. That's why Pirelli makes the RO2 version of some specific Audi tyres, this ensures that the tyres got the same circumference even though it's a 255/30/19 and a 235/35/19 tyre. And the wider tyre is normally placed at the front because the Quattro system on the S3/RS3 is front-biased thus ensuring more grip and also less understeer.

A 8.5 ET45 rim is the perfect size and will sit flush at the front and a little inside at the back (with the tyres making a slight visual difference). Try to use this as starting point and visit (stock rim and the rim above already entered): http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.ph...2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8-5&offset2=45

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Kennett
Thanks for the replies, the tyre sizes are 235/35 and 245/35. If the setup isn't ideal im happy to hold out until the right set comes up, these were just a very good deal