Recommended Wiper Blades...

cuke2u

Reaction score
Hi, as the title says, I wish to fit better quality front ones than the car came with, plus they are occassionally leaving lines.
So any recommendations?
Cheers guys and girls...

The OEMs are usually the best in my experience

Bosch are a popular aftermarket brand but in my experience the Audi OE (around £30 my car) ones are better - silent operation and clearing the screen. I've found Bosch (around £20 my car) a little noisier.

Ok thanks, I have the OEM's that were fitted from new and despite the car having not done a lot of mileage the wipers are leaving lines, as stated. Might try a set of new ones though unless any other brands are recommended.

I think they break down with age and UV. My wife does very low mileage in her Mini and the last OE wipers had the wiping edges starting to break away inside 2-years. Normally I change mine every 2-years.

Mine are less old than that at 15 months, but it is something they have been doing since I first had the car. It seems though mainly the drivers side one...

+1 for OEM. Also, might be teaching granny to suck eggs but cleaning the blades often helps with lines.

Reactions: cuke2u
Yes, removing eggs from mouth. Considering how little they are used the lines seem to return very quickly...
20180128 120736

Last edited:
Mine are less old than that at 15 months, but it is something they have been doing since I first had the car. It seems though mainly the drivers side one...

See the thread 'Facelift Juddering Front Wiper' in the 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' section for details of my issues and attempted resolution with windscreen cleaning and alternative wipers.

For sure replacement wipers when needed for my RS3 and TT WILL be PIAA Ai Tech.

Thanks, however this isn't a windscreen issue. I appreciate the link too but it appears to be for a 2008+ A4 not a 2015+ one..

Yes heard positive things about the aerotwins elsewhere, thanks...

Reactions: Syed Shah
One of the sources I was referring to, but many thanks for taking the time, appreciated...

My rear wiper is terrible and the car is only 4 months old. I've tried cleaning it but may just have to get a new blade and see how that works.

Hi and thanks, already found them...
@cuke2u did you get these in the end? how are they performing?
mine are not wiping so well, ill give them a proper clean at the weekend

Last edited:
Hi, I have purchased them but not got around to fitting them until I am sure we have no more frosts...

Reactions: pierreluigi88, cuke2u and rasA4
These Bosch Aerotwins' are excellent, had them on mine since October 2014 and still working perfectly, recommended.

Silly question haven’t had a chance to look properly as my car is outside and yes it’s raining again, my garage is being used right now. I take it you have to lift the bonnet up to inspect/ change the blades?

Found out there is a setting to change it

Last edited:
Eurocar parts I've found are normally alot cheaper than halfrauds for items like wipers

Reactions: rasA4
Silly question haven’t had a chance to look properly as my car is outside and yes it’s raining again, my garage is being used right now. I take it you have to lift the bonnet up to inspect/ change the blades?

Found out there is a setting to change it
Yes the service setting, switch ignition off and tap down on the wiper lever, or you can do this through the MMI menu...

Eurocar parts I've found are normally alot cheaper than halfrauds for items like wipers
Not bad if you don’t have amazon prime for just a few pence more on ECP

Have just compared prices and Halfords are actually cheaper than eurocarparts this time but amazon still the best price.