How can I wire my rear speakers directly to HU via the speaker outputs from factory rear amp?

Joe_800

Reaction score
Hi can someone break down how I'd go about disconnecting the rear speakers in my A3 8P from the factory rear amp outputs and (via the use of speaker wire from the front to the boot) connect them directly to the rear outputs of my HU? Im sick of low volume and interference in the rear that doesn't seem to be curable. Cheers.

Hi can someone break down how I'd go about disconnecting the rear speakers in my A3 8P from the factory rear amp outputs and (via the use of speaker wire from the front to the boot) connect them directly to the rear outputs of my HU? Im sick of low volume and interference in the rear that doesn't seem to be curable. Cheers.
I know this doesn't answer your inital question but what kind off head unit do you have ie OEM or Aftermarket as the issue could be with your wiring

I know this doesn't answer your inital question but what kind off head unit do you have ie OEM or Aftermarket as the issue could be with your wiring

I had a symphony II double din unit with iso connectors and replaced it with my trusty Bluetooth sony single din HU that Ive installed in my last two cars without issues. I used the pc9-401 autoleads harness first as it was the cheapest. I wired the ignition 12v to my fusebox and had it turning on and saving presets correctly. The volume was low and there was a constant interference from the rears, the fronts sounded spot on. There was no other modifications to the harness. I then put two RCAs to the pc9-401 to mimic that of the pc9-404 and tried the outputs on the back of the head unit, rather than the high level outputs from the HU which didn't work. I then purchased the connects2 CT53-AU03 as it has a canbus box to use the voltage difference from the battery to turn the HU on and off. This had gain adjustments for the rear but sounded worse. I then reverted back to the 401 harness and included an RCA signal booster (from autoleads) to the mix which flat out didn't work. I had a halfords installer take a look at my wiring and his response was "I've never had this issue and I use the pc9-401 wired exactly the same". There's no straight answer and it seems I can either pay stupid amounts of money for it to be installed professionally, or I can just wire the speakers directly.

To be honest in the long run you would be better to get it done professionally or get a hold off a wire diagram .
If you decide to go down the professional way you might want to PM @NHN or @Ash187 . Sorry i can't be off more help

To be honest in the long run you would be better to get it done professionally or get a hold off a wire diagram .
If you decide to go down the professional way you might want to PM @NHN or @Ash187 . Sorry i can't be off more help
Ok thanks for your input

ai its a bitch..
the speaker wires into the amp are different to the ones out the amp
the wires are only 2 inside a group of 6 (bose system)
you will have to cut and splice your self and need to figure out which one is which.its possible and doable but i paid for this instead of diy

ai its a bitch..
the speaker wires into the amp are different to the ones out the amp
the wires are only 2 inside a group of 6 (bose system)
you will have to cut and splice your self and need to figure out which one is which.its possible and doable but i paid for this instead of diy

I just have the non-bose half amped system so maybe it's not as complex (who am I kidding there's no easy jobs!). Am I right in thinking you had your rear speakers wired in professionally?

well i blew the amp or it gave up but they traced the wired and then figured out which wires went where and hooked it up to a new amp from kicker with new sub, stock speakers sound a lot better and the kicker sub is a lot better than bose 6inch mega box thing so ya professionally done .took them about 3 hours , i would of probably ended up setting the car on fire

well i blew the amp or it gave up but they traced the wired and then figured out which wires went where and hooked it up to a new amp from kicker with new sub, stock speakers sound a lot better and the kicker sub is a lot better than bose 6inch mega box thing so ya professionally done .took them about 3 hours , i would of probably ended up setting the car on fire

Well it's good to know it's do-able at least, doing it on the other hand may take me some time haha. Thanks for your reply, I'll get stuck in with a multimeter as soon as I'm free. May even do a similar setup and put my spare four channel sony amp in the mix.

10000000000pounds stock setup will be amazing but nothing beats (get it) aftermarket stuff these days

10000000000pounds stock setup will be amazing but nothing beats (get it) aftermarket stuff these days

I agree. This is why I plan to cut the stock amp rather than try to work with it. HU and sub is upgraded, just speakers next.