Facelift VCDS for FL exhaust flaps

gringosteve

Reaction score
Hi all

Is it possible to change the exhaust flaps on facelift cars with VCDS and if so please can you let me know the code so I can tell Carista. Seems the coding is different between PFL and FL

Thanks

Ste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Morning, hope this helps. I did this myself with OBDeleven.

2018 01 09 08 23 17

The VCDS coding is the same for PFL and FL. I used the PFL coding on mine and it works a treat. The main thing you have to ensure is that the flaps are open before you do it. Do this on the STronic by putting the gear box into S.

The VCDS coding is the same for PFL and FL. I used the PFL coding on mine and it works a treat. The main thing you have to ensure is that the flaps are open before you do it. Do this on the STronic by putting the gear box into S.

Hmm Carista only seems to allow it to work for pre-facelift so assumed it was a coding change. It errors when I try on a facelift.

Is putting the car in dynamic mode enough with gearbox in Park?

Image is broken. Please can you try again?

Here is the coding as text:

Keep exhaust valves open
  • Turn car on, select Dynamic (select again if already in Dynamic), make sure gear is in S, change gear to P, turn car off
Coding:
  • Select Engine Module 01
  • Long Coding
  • Byte 9
  • Bit 2: Uncheck

Reactions: gringosteve
Hmm Carista only seems to allow it to work for pre-facelift so assumed it was a coding change. It errors when I try on a facelift.

Is putting the car in dynamic mode enough with gearbox in Park?

I have Carista but haven't seen an option to activate/disable the exhaust valve - which menu did you find this under? Customisation, then?

Greg.

I have Carista but haven't seen an option to activate/disable the exhaust valve - which menu did you find this under? Customisation, then?

Greg.

It’s in the beta release only at the moment. I’m working with them to test in on the facelift version :)

If you email them they may add you to the beta which gives you 3 months

Reactions: GregS3
Tried the procedure but still errors in Carista. Maybe they have coded it different or wrong for the FLV