Few problems.. Temperature and sounds like air in somewhere

Jake12

Reaction score
Audi A3, 2.0, TDI, 61 plate, 69k on the clock.

Been having a few issues lately and the first one sounds like air in somewhere it shouldn’t be.. when I put my foot down accelerating there’s a whistling kind of noise like air is somewhere? Not sure if it’s anything to do with the engine management light coming on other day and lost all my power, was plodding along doing 20mph until I stopped the car then started again.

Today I made a 30 minute, 12 mile journey and car didn’t even reach 90 on the temperature gage, got close then went down slightly? Surely car should be reaching temperature after that long?

Get the codes read, no point guessing.

If you aren't using the car ie poodling along it won't get much heat into it. My diesels the same in these damn cold temps

As lee said said no point guessing get a scan. My temp guage was reading similar to yours and it was the thermostat at fault i also noticed engine oil temp was around the the low 80 mark if my needle did get to 90 putting the heaters on would cause it to drop now my guage stays on 90 and my oil temp is around low to mid 90s and it warms ups alot quicker. Its £35 quid for the thermostat housing from tps its not to bad to fit just a ballache when you have been blessed with large hands.