Cluster cloning

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone know someone who can clone a cluster need to replace mine so I can sell on the colour mfa?

just buy a vag tacho cable, you can do everything with that, clone keys, change mileage dump eeproms etc.

Got one it can’t get to work on my laptop need windows vista mines got windows 10. Not buying another laptop

No i tried that I could not get it even get it to open once I downloaded it with the disc that come with it
Driving me mad I gave up in the end but might as well get it done so I can look in to the mfsw controls working

No i tried that I could not get it even get it to open once I downloaded it with the disc that come with it
Driving me mad I gave up in the end but might as well get it done so I can look in to the mfsw controls working

Does it give you an error message about not being able to find a file when you try to open it?

Yeah when downloaded disc you get a few files try to open and something pops up but can’t remember exactly and the window opens and shuts instantly

I had a similar problem with mine, I had to copy and paste the 2 folders from the disc (drivers and vag-tacho) onto the desktop, opened up the drivers folder and found the file it said was missing (think it was ftd2xx.dll) and then moved that file into the Vag-tacho folder. Then clicked on the vagtacho.exe file and it’s worked fine on Windows 10 ever since. Yours may be totally different to mine but thought I’d share in case it was the same issue......

Reactions: IPG
Ok il give that ago (if I can) And see how it goes it’s getting a bit technical now ha

Reactions: warren9022
Why are you selling on the colormfa?

I can clone them and change mileages etc with a genuine tool. but it’ll cost £22 in special delivery postage costs

I’m also interested in buying the colormfa unit

Why are you selling on the colormfa?

I can clone them and change mileages etc with a genuine tool. but it’ll cost £22 in special delivery postage costs

I’m also interested in buying the colormfa unit
I fitted a flat bottom mfsw and the colour mfa doesn’t display radio,nav phone info, so when I do manage to get the controls working I need to be able to display the info so I know what I’m scrolling through
Where are you based? And how much to do it ?

Which model is your steering wheel from? I have b7 rns-e in my 8l s3 with 8p fbmfsw and I want to get the buttons to function, I have the steering column control module and can gate from the 8p, I also want to fit the b7 Bluetooth module.

I modified the 8p dual stage airbag by fitting the inner bits of a 6n2 polo single stage airbag into the blown 8p airbag frame/housing with an adapter bracket and a new cover from eBay, I tested the first one I made and it deployed properly through the cover like it should so I rebuilt it with another polo bag and a new 8p cover

That’s a lot of work on the airbag I fitted a 2012+ a4/a5 wheel with the single stage airbag from a a3 8v I had to cut the end off the clock spring side of the 8v airbag harness and fit the plug off the original harness airbag works no dash lights or fault codes I was told by a retrofit company that this steering wheel is most compatible as it needs to have the mode button whee the a3 8v doesn’t have it

Attachments

• 6B3DEDF3-1E8F-4FD5-9DD6-D5CF510108B9.png
    6B3DEDF3-1E8F-4FD5-9DD6-D5CF510108B9.png
    1 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Reactions: IPG
I’m located in Peterborough, if the deal includes the colormfa.
I’d clone/code for free, otherwise £10 for the cloning if you drive to me obviously

Or £21 inc postage back to you

I would help.

If I weren’t in another day away lol

Reactions: Tj 0785