Dash cam hard wiring and cable routing.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Right chaps. Finally sorted out a memory card and hardwire kit that's suitable for the 512gw dash cam I've just bought. Only thing now is to hardwire it in.

Anyone managed to run the cable down from behind the rear view mirror without removing trim?

What's the best fuse to piggyback off? The 512gw has a small built in battery for the parking mode feature so don't need a permanent live and rather not, even though it has a built in voltage protector to protect the battery I still rather not risk it as knowing my luck it'll run the battery flat haha.

My thinkware cam has the voltage built in also.....you set it at around the 12v and it’s started perfectly for me on the old oil burner even when it’s sub zero.

I’ll also look at what fuse I used that’s ignition controlled when I get back from dropping the Mrs off at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just worry me Carlos tapping into a permanent live even with the voltage protection, every day since winter started I get the flashing brake light in the morning, the battery only 3 year old from a previous owner but it' a shorty euro one and I think they under speccd it for the a4 so don' fancy a call out to jumpstart in a morning.

Also the 512gw has a small battery built in for the parking mode I believe.

Legend, cheers mate.

How did you run your cable in the as? Removal or tuck?

I removed the A panel cover and ran the cables down and into the fusebox.....but from the mirror to the A panel cover I just tucked it in.

Wait until you get the rear view camera Dani....I was lucky with the Avant as I just removed a little panel at the rear of the roof lining and pulled it through with a cable access kit, yours will have to go behind the side airbags etc to the rear :(

I removed the A panel cover and ran the cables down and into the fusebox.....but from the mirror to the A panel cover I just tucked it in.

Wait until you get the rear view camera Dani....I was lucky with the Avant as I just removed a little panel at the rear of the roof lining and pulled it through with a cable access kit, yours will have to go behind the side airbags etc to the rear :(
i have tried forcing mine down the pilla as its a mare to take off as sun visor and handle off seems like a lot of work.
i have a rear cam for my stero can you take a few pic where you have got it through to the back as im a avant boy cheers

I’ll do it in the morning if I remember Martin. If I’ve not posted by dinner time send me a pm

I’ll do it in the morning if I remember Martin. If I’ve not posted by dinner time send me a pm

ok cheers no rush as at work all week end so job to do next week thanks

Reactions: carlcall