Tinted windows on an Avant?

Light Speed

Reaction score
Thinking about some tints for the rear and back side windows of the Avant - anyone had theirs tinted and what level did you go for?

I've got light smoke tints on the rear of the Golf at the moment and really like them - pretty subtle but just enough to make a difference. Also having a sproglet means I can avoid the use of those 'blinds' too :icon_thumright:

Was thinking about the same again for the Avant - or possibly medium for the rear and sides and *possibly* light for the front sides.

Any pics from those who've had it done?

Cheers!

I've seen the standard privacy glass on an Avant before and it looked really good. I think the look is very colour dependant though. The one I saw was a silver one and the pics of McGough's red Avant look good too.

I've had mine tinted - sides are light smoke with the back done in midnight - I've not gone round to take some pictures.

Tints definitely make the car look better - a defo mod :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Just be careful when getting tints put on that you dont get over excited and go too dark, you'd be getting stopped every time by the law.

My mate got his S4 done, front light smokes, Rear doors Smoked and the rest MIdnight Look great
I did mine I know a different car the same and It looks really cool
A perfect mod
Ideal if you got kids as they do keep the car cool and block UV rays out, depending on the quailty of the tint

I've had all windows tinted with 35%, except the windscreen of course!

Make a massive difference to the look of the car. Didn't go too dark of fear of being stopped and penalised by the Beak. So far no problems.

The issue with kiddy blinds is a bit of a myth too, as the shading the tints offer internally doesn't make a massive difference (certainly not on the 35% ones anyway), and the rear seats can still get sun glare. refuse the blinds though as it spoils the look!

For £400 odd quid it makes a great improvement.

Apologies about the dirty car !

[
DSC00148.jpg
]

I've never been a fan of tints TBH :(

And if you only get the rears done, then it never looks quite right to me.

You say that is 35%, you mean 35% light allowed through? That looks good.

I went with 15% on the rear window on my 535d and then 45% down the sides, I really don't like the van look with dark rears and nothing up front, would rather a lighter tint all the way along.

bmw4.jpg

bmw1.jpg

I usually get it done to keep the heat out, you can leave your car pretty much all day in the summer and it is only warm rather than like an oven when you add tints.
Plus at night theives can't see in which is great.

I had mine done last week and had 50% at the rear including rear screen and 25% up front. The back makes the front ones look darker but still looks good. I agree though that dont just have rears done, Just looks like a Jap import!!!:blownose:

i had high tint at rear and light on front on first A4, then i had mediums all round on last avant and now ive gone light all round which look brilliant on new avant and still provide enough tint for the sun and not too much for the night driving.!

Old AVANT.....(medium all round)
CIMG0349.jpg

CIMG0348.jpg

CIMG0418.jpg

New AVANT.. sorry a really bad pic i know but its best of bad bunch.....

CIMG0805.jpg

basically new avant tints are light and very similar to this B5 Rs4

Mcgoughs_Audi_A4.jpg

Mcgough said:
basically new avant tints are light and very similar to this B5 Rs4

Mcgoughs_Audi_A4.jpg
Have you had that into Newcastle Audi this week? Ive seen it twice on the top road near there.

Thanks for the pics guys - definitely looking good with them on the examples above. Mine is Brilliant Red too so those last ones are spot on McGough :icon_thumright:

Cheers!

gizze said:
You say that is 35%, you mean 35% light allowed through? That looks good.

I went with 15% on the rear window on my 535d and then 45% down the sides, I really don't like the van look with dark rears and nothing up front, would rather a lighter tint all the way along.

That's right yes.

Because the car's dark, I didn't want it looking like a hearse! Also asking for trouble.

Mcgough, I was just gonna say until I saw the photo of your avant with the new 19 RS4's that you havnt posted any pics with your new wheels on.. By the way is that you in drivers seat..

Mcgough. Your old style RS4 alloys that you originally had fitted are they 19s and what offset are they please, is your suspension standard and are these wheels replicas and did you have any quality issues with them, i heard alot of tales about them being soft material and bending, also have you already sold them? Sorry for the 100 questions but i need some help?:rockwoot:

Mcgough, I was just gonna say until I saw the photo of your avant with the new 19 RS4's that you havnt posted any pics with your new wheels on.. By the way is that you in drivers seat..

No thats my Pal arriving back after testing my new chip and exhuast out! He was plesently suprised even though he drives M3's and M5's all day!

yea not a very clear pic sorry the wheels look a bit thin in that pic, im getting a 7.1mb digi slr this week so shall take some great pics and get them up for all to view, plus ive just ordered the center caps from ebay, so ill get them stuck on.

Yeah looking forward to pics and looking forward to doing business with you real soon.

Well eventually managed to get the tints done - got the medium tints and really pleased with them. Not too dark - spot on for what I wanted.

Will get some pics up when I get a chance!