Do all a3's 8p3's have subwoofer in boot?

Ayy38p3

Reaction score
Hi all,
As above, just curious to know if all 8p3 sport backs have the oem sub in the boot? If not is the wiring there for it? The boot panel where sub should be looks solid and I can't find a way to remove it to check.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

No holes or speaker grilles for the Sub is normal. Open the rear hatch and have a listen with the radio on, you should hear it.

Turn your bass full up and put yoir ear to the panel in the boot and you will know for sure if you have 1 or not

Reactions: SootySport
Mine didn’t.

I only had speakers in the front as it was the standard sound system.

If the car got speakers in the rear you should also have a sub in the boot. Then you have Audi Sound System (unless the surroundings around the speakers says BOSE)

My a3 Sportback has bose, do all bose systems have a sub? My wiring adapter for my aftermarket stereo only had the pre amps for front and rear speakers does that mean if I do have a sub it’s not in use atm?

Are they run from their own amp or the same amp that runs the door speakers?

My a3 Sportback has bose, do all bose systems have a sub? My wiring adapter for my aftermarket stereo only had the pre amps for front and rear speakers does that mean if I do have a sub it’s not in use atm?

The Sub amp does need some special adaption to work with a non Audi Head Unit. I guess the previous owner didn't bother, hence it's not working.
The sub amp is separate and is located behind the right hand boot panel, sub speaker behind the left hand boot panel.

I’ve listened in the boot and it does play music but I have no serpents control for sub settings from my stereo, do you know if it uses a passive filter to play lower notes or if it should be done by the head unit?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've done just that and it does have a sub in it. Another question I wanted to ask is. I had a few broken wire going from the door to the body, which I've soldered and repaired, I had to remove the rubber boot/cover completely to get access but now the problem is the rubber boot will not for the life of me go back in to its slot? On the door side not body, it looks like it stretches around the plastic piece but I can't get the plastic pieces out to fit it? Il upload a picture in the future

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've done just that and it does have a sub in it. Another question I wanted to ask is. I had a few broken wire going from the door to the body, which I've soldered and repaired, I had to remove the rubber boot/cover completely to get access but now the problem is the rubber boot will not for the life of me go back in to its slot? On the door side not body, it looks like it stretches around the plastic piece but I can't get the plastic pieces out to fit it? Il upload a picture in the future
Pic would help a lot

Dab some washing up fluid around the inside lips of the gaiter, it should just pop back into place.