RS3 Noise? What do people around you do as you go past?

Spinstorm

Reaction score
This is prompted by the post in another thread...

As most of you have your RS3 now (and for some reasons are still on the forum!)... How is the attention you get from the noise as you drive around cities and towns?

What is the reaction? Do people look?

Do you get embarrassed and change to Eco mode?!

No, I'm a complete child and can't help but grumble by in dynamic.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, AudiNutta and FBF01
No, I'm a complete child and can't help but grumble by in dynamic.

Yep I'm the same, I just can't help myself knocking it in to sport when arriving in a busy area. Very childish

Reactions: Bristle Hound and AudiNutta
DS and Dynamic in all heavily populated areas is essential. In my limited experience of driving the car (about 5 hours) I have had 4 thumbs up and 2 shaken fists. To me that is 6-0. The smiles per gallon is great although I have only averaged 16 mpg today with most miles done on the motorway. Ooops.

Reactions: Jonny B
one question....how do you feel if you get the urge to give it a squirt and then have to stop in traffic?

This is prompted by the post in another thread...

As most of you have your RS3 now (and for some reasons are still on the forum!)... How is the attention you get from the noise as you drive around cities and towns?

What is the reaction? Do people look?

Do you get embarrassed and change to Eco mode?!

What is this "Eco mode" you speak of?

Coming from an S3 which got very little attention, the difference with the RS3 is profound. Ive had everything from people giving the thumbs up or taking photo's, to someone shouting "CHAV!" at me (because most chavs drive 52k Audi's) lol

Reactions: AudiNutta and FBF01
In manual, shifting down from 3rd to second coming to a stop. Those bangs and pops....

Reactions: zaka7
one question....how do you feel if you get the urge to give it a squirt and then have to stop in traffic?
It is difficult to do anything else.... Mind you, that is why I achieved 16 mpg.

Reactions: PanamaS3
Manual mode and drop the gears, cannot help it, it's an addiction... not even got my valve delete done yet so i'm sure my neighbours will hate me with a passion!

Reactions: AudiNutta and PanamaS3
As much as you believe when setting out you will switch to comfort or auto on a motorway or in traffic it’s impossible.
It’s like just having one quick beer it’s something that at the start of the evening seems quite possible but never happens. More noise the better I’m old enough to know better but it’s a drug, one that is good for your overall well being.

Reactions: AudiNutta, PanamaS3, TurboBen and 1 other person
I sit at the lights with LC engaged, rev noise rev noise. Then pull away as slow as you like :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, AudiNutta, PanamaS3 and 2 others
One guy I went past covered both ears and gave a ducked down abit as I dropped it from 3rd to second near me, f...... pi..ed myself

Reactions: Jonny B, AudiNutta, PanamaS3 and 1 other person
Made a baby cry this morning on startup.
I managed to hold the laughter until mum's back was turned.
Does this make me a bad person?

Reactions: Jonny B, Bristle Hound, Frozenr6 and 5 others
She was 2 car lengths away to be fair.

I am prepared to cop a plea of a 'bit naughty'........

Reactions: Jonny B and PanamaS3
ok not got an RS3....but have Bull-X downpipe on my S3 which is definately deeper tone and louder than OEM....I have been known to deliberately squirt a little in my multi storey office carpark to set the cheap car alarms off....Im a bad person lol

Reactions: Jonny B
ok not got an RS3....but have Bull-X downpipe on my S3 which is definately deeper tone and louder than OEM....I have been known to deliberately squirt a little in my multi storey office carpark to set the cheap car alarms off....Im a bad person lol

Hooligan!

Reactions: Jonny B, AudiNutta, PanamaS3 and 1 other person
I sit at the lights with LC engaged, rev noise rev noise. Then pull away as slow as you like :tearsofjoy:

TX.

I love it!

But if you care about the launch counter, then I think having the car ready for a launch will count up. The counter is real, somebody who recently had a warranty claim said Audi told him he had 179 launches recorded.

I love it!

But if you care about the launch counter, then I think having the car ready for a launch will count up. The counter is real, somebody who recently had a warranty claim said Audi told him he had 179 launches recorded.

They do indeed, My mate told me it looked like i'd been enjoying the launches when he took my S3 in...

Reactions: AudiNutta and FBF01
I love it!

I'm not bothered about it tbf. Even it is counting LC setup rather than actual launches though then it isn't really much cop is it.

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Car should be able to handle a lot of launches. Nothing in the manual that I've seen that says otherwise. I may be wrong, however.

Probably did 50 or 60 in my Golf R. Felt solid. Probably done 20 in my RS3 in a year.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, DW81 and AudiNutta
I love it!

Did they honour the warranty after 179 launches?

See below

Attachments

• audi.PNG
    audi.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 216
Reactions: AudiNutta
Well, I've never experienced that before. Just had some youths following me around hanging out the side of their Fiesta filming my car on a phone.

It would have been rude to not stick in in dynamic and give it the occasional boot full.

Reactions: Evil Diesel, DW81, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Is that the same technical dept that ‘fixes’ squealing brakes........

Reactions: DW81 and AudiNutta
The only caveat in the manual is that LC places additional load on various parts of the vehicle and that the gearbox temp rises so the facility may not be available again until it cools down.

Perhaps if you did an insane number of launches they may have some comeback but, even 1 a day over a 3 year period is north of a thousand and 1 a day does not seem excessive to me.

Reactions: Terminator x
I did 4 back to back launches in my PFL the day I bought it (preowned) with four of us in the car no problems at all launched every time.