Do you Smoke?

• Yup I sure do

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • Never, filthy

Votes: 88 74.6%
  • Social smoker

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
Work keeps me doing a rather good impression of an old motor with expired piston rings but I've been trying to quit (one type at a time tho!), and I've got all the more incentive nowadays...

Regards,

Rob.

Just Plain Old said:
I packed up about 3 Years ago, after smoking for about 25 Years.......... What worked for me was saying that I was merely 'choosing not to smoke' each day, (ie not saying that I'd 'packed up') and keeping a pack in the glove box,,,, they're still there!!

I've seen you smoke your brakes a few times bud, old habits die hard huh? :p

What do you do if your missus suddenly starts smoking???

Slow down and use lubricant.

:undwech:

smitch said:
What do you do if your missus suddenly starts smoking???

do a search

I smpoke cigars when Im out drinking so i guess Im a social smoker

jimmy2.jpg

Gave up 20 years ago - never regretted it for a minute. Hate the smell of it now, on people you speak to, in pubs, on your clothes etc. (down South or abroad, of course). Smoking ban up here is the best thing (some would say the only thing) the glorified local council in Edinburgh has ever done - you can go to a pub or restaurant and actually enjoy it (once you've dodged passed all the puffers huddling in the doorway keeping warm, of course).

jojo said:
I've seen you smoke your brakes a few times bud, old habits die hard huh? :p

Haha....... True, I've just ruined another set, I don't know what I'm gonna do about my brakes......... But that's a story for another thread!!:)

well folks, i've just gone past the 24 hour point without a ciggy! i feel all confused and my lungs are crying out for one but i'm gonna be strong and I WILL DO IT at least that's what i keep telling myself?

i'm trying a different type of patch this time tho' you stick these ones on your eyelids so you cant find your fags!

Good for you! Keep it up mate, it'll get easier eventually...:thumbsup:

:) No probs, I know exactly what you mean - for the first couple of weeks I just tried to keep busy with other stuff so it took my mind off it. A bit of support and encouragement from others doesn't go amiss either sometimes. Just think how much coin you'll save and then be able to spend on the car!!

Never smoked. At school that scene just passed me by, thankfully, and it's never interested me. TBH I can't wait until this year's part-public ban starts, and then hopefully those wimps at Westminster will extend it to a full ban.

I'm sure that would help those here trying to quit as well as me.