Audible Warning No DIS working

norad97

Reaction score
This morning on my way to work got some audible warning, as my DIS display is not working I cant see
what it is.
Checked all light bulbs, screen wash, ect. can you read with VagCom?

P.S. last night I changed my Audi Delta CC radio for another unit, put in the code and all working fine,
could this cause the warning??

Hi, Its a single beeb, the top section is where the fault shows, looks yellow in colour.

yellow single beeps are either:

fuel, screenwash, bulb-out, speed-limiter, battery voltage too high or low.

There are some others that would only happen on later cars, like brake pad warning or oil sensor faults.

And no, afaik you cant scan those warnings with VCDS, they're not logged anywhere.

HI, Fuel 3/4 full, no bulb out, even checked number plate light as it was that last time, battery 4 months old, screen wash full, speed limiter, I cannot see them?
I will see what happens on the way home tonight.

Last edited:
default speed limiter is set to 80 or 85ish, dash beeps when you exceed that speed and then goes away when you slow down. You can change it by pressing a certain sequence of buttons.

You really need to fix the DIS :p

I ruined the engine in my track car due to ignoring an oil pressure warning i couldnt see.

Hi, Drove home from work last night, and to work this morning, no bleep.
Guess it might be just a glitch, seems ok now, time will tell.
I tried to fix the DIS twice, but still no luck, even bought another cluster that was working, but now that one has stopped working as well,
on these old clusters the ribbon cable that is on the PCB contacts comes away over the years, they are heat glued on, and a real bitch to put back.
If it was a soldered cable, it would have been fixed as I have have no problem sodering.
I spoke to Pixel Fix and if I send them my cluster they will repair it. I have a spare cluster to use, but I have not sent it yet
Its the only problem I have with the car, yes I should buy another car, and have been looking.
But my car is 500miles short of 200,000 miles, its just a good car I find it hard to leave her.

our old '96 was over 230k when we got rid. Its dis was perfect too :p

I'd just keep your eye out for another good cluster and swap it out.