just bought a A3 1.8T quattro

cawood

Reaction score
alrite every1

just got a 2000 A3, 1.8T quattro, very nice cars

need more power tho! and some advise on the car as i aint a clue about audi's im used to my fords

wheres best to get it chipped? im in the leeds/bradford area

what sort of money n BHP am i looking at getting?

cheers lads

Alright Shag. The main tuners are Revo, APR, Custom Code but not cheap. Depends how much you want to spend? If you live close to me I don't mind scaring the sh1t out of you in my Custom Coded S3??!!
Someone will be along to give you their opinions on remaps.
Come on lads help the fella out.

See you Saturday mate

now then aky

get that DVD thing sorted?

cheers for that, i'll check them companies out!

what you on about "if i live close to you" u ******* know where i live! lol

n nah think i'll pass thanks, i value my life

just rang a company in preston called ADS they do the REVO tuning

£400, need the car for half hr! gives it another 30ish BHP

n thats a live map not a chip

which package offers the most BHP?

Thats who I got my Revo with on the Golf. They all offer similar BHP & torque figures - After having the Derv done it needed a new clutch. They will all be similar figures - I got told that Revo is more acceleration than top end stuff

if u dont mind travelling, id recommend ChippedUk in Bromsgrove they did mine last weekend and upped it to the 225 mark, tremendous pull in all gears, cost me £300 with an RR session

Quattro_Lew said:
if u dont mind travelling, id recommend ChippedUk in Bromsgrove they did mine last weekend and upped it to the 225 mark, tremendous pull in all gears, cost me £300 with an RR session

eh that sounds alrite! wheres bromsgrove?

aky- whats revo then? they software they use? like fords got the bluefin?

bluefin is superchips, Revo in effect is similar to Superchips, Revo is the software.

Chipped UK - not sure about mate, heard good reports and they are cheap as chips, 225bhp is a bit optimistic due to the turbo. You should see 200bhp out of it

Bromsgrove is just south of birmingham off the M5, theyll get you the widest torque band they can for the car, excellent map imo and a bargain compared to the likes of revo, custom code etc

another chipped uk fan here!!

definately recommend them if you are not bothered about travelling too far. I was mainly attracted to them because of the price. But the all round package they offered including before and after RR run,. Just really pulled me towards them. Got slightly less power figures compared to 'quattro lew' but still highly impressed.

But if you got local dealers offering the same package for only £100 more, i would seriously consider going there. It will better for you just in case you have any after mapping problems/queries you have. Also the money you save on petrol compared to travelling down to bromsgrove.

But then again the trip back home is sooo much fun!!

cheers lads!

200bhp?!?!? u reckon thats all aky? its 180bhp standard? thats ****!

well both companies are about the same distance away so reckon i'll be going with ChippedUK

Ak Quattro - what BHP did your achieve?

quattro lew - was yours a proven 225bhp? any other mods to get that?

cawood said:
cheers lads!

200bhp?!?!? u reckon thats all aky? its 180bhp standard? thats ****!

well both companies are about the same distance away so reckon i'll be going with ChippedUK

Ak Quattro - what BHP did your achieve?

quattro lew - was yours a proven 225bhp? any other mods to get that?

yes it went on the RR and came out at 224.7bhp at the fly and just over 200 at the wheel

cawood said:
I had my A4 done there,highly recommend them.

mine showed it was running 160bhp before the run
and now its running 212bhp
torque is now 225lb/ft compared to 162lb/ft before the run

but jason (at chipped Uk) did say the quattro dont provide 100% accurate dyno readings because of th haldex 4wd set up