Got myself an A4 Avant..

Radman

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got hold of a black edition A4 Avant yesterday for the missus. Have to say, what a cracking car they are. Interior wise is superb and lots of tech that the FL RS3 has got. My only niggle that gets me that the missus has and I don't is the dynamic indicators which I so wish I had on my RS.

Hi guys,

Got hold of a black edition A4 Avant yesterday for the missus. Have to say, what a cracking car they are. Interior wise is superb and lots of tech that the FL RS3 has got. My only niggle that gets me that the missus has and I don't is the dynamic indicators which I so wish I had on my RS.

It’s not an impossible thing to achieve, but I’m right it can cost around £1000 for all new light clusters? :/ But I will say the whole FL tail light look great, a lot more detail.

You had me worried when I saw that title, second thought was courtesy car haha.

Reactions: Radman
It’s not an impossible thing to achieve, but I’m right it can cost around £1000 for all new light clusters? :/ But I will say the whole FL tail light look great, a lot more detail.

You had me worried when I saw that title, second thought was courtesy car haha.
The missus did ask the question if I wanted to trade mine in rather than hers....Imagine my response lol

Reactions: Ozmosis
The missus did ask the question if I wanted to trade mine in rather than hers....Imagine my response lol

Were you able to find words to respond with? :lmfao:

Keep the RS3 unless it’s changing into a newer one. Can’t beat the whole package.

Throwback to your post many moons ago after your first visit to a car park.... I am picking mine up at 9am tomorrow from the detailers and taking the Mrs’ to work, I can’t wait for its first multi-storey .........

Reactions: Ozmosis and Radman
@Aoon_M does the full light conversion for £950 I believe. Tempting.

Reactions: Radman, AudiNutta and Aoon_M
Radman I thought you'd lost your senses when I read the title hahah! At least it's for your Mrs ;)

Upgrading rear lights is a piece of pi....

Screenshot 20170815 054528

Reactions: Radman and AudiNutta
Were you able to find words to respond with? :lmfao:

Keep the RS3 unless it’s changing into a newer one. Can’t beat the whole package.

Throwback to your post many moons ago after your first visit to a car park.... I am picking mine up at 9am tomorrow from the detailers and taking the Mrs’ to work, I can’t wait for its first multi-storey .........
Mate,

I know there had been a lot of banter on here between PFL and FL but all joking aside, tomorrow is a special day. Enjoy it because there isn't any car out there pound for pound that gives you what an RS3 gives you. I still get that same first day feeling everytime I start her up.

Mate,

I know there had been a lot of banter on here between PFL and FL but all joking aside, tomorrow is a special day. Enjoy it because there isn't any car out there pound for pound that gives you what an RS3 gives you. I still get that same first day feeling everytime I start her up.

Thanks :D I’ve already driven it just under 200 miles back from PPF but dropped it straight off to the detailer, today is the final collection. I am up and ready to go, opened the curtains and it’s wet out.. not happy. Today was the one day it was planned to be dry all day. My detailer said “call by for a look anyway if you want”, nope I need to try and collect it today.. I’m dying for this! :’( Its been there since Wednesday last week.

Looks great, but it would confuse a lot of people thinking it’s a FL in front!!

The lights do look really good.

Where I live there aren't many A3's about, let alone RS3's! Had nothing but good comments about them from the guys that "know"...

Reactions: Radman and T-800
Thanks :D I’ve already driven it just under 200 miles back from PPF but dropped it straight off to the detailer, today is the final collection. I am up and ready to go, opened the curtains and it’s wet out.. not happy. Today was the one day it was planned to be dry all day. My detailer said “call by for a look anyway if you want”, nope I need to try and collect it today.. I’m dying for this! :’( Its been there since Wednesday last week.

Just pick it up and drive it! F@#! the weather... ;)

Reactions: Radman and T-800
Just pick it up and drive it! F@#! the weather... ;)

My detailer wouldn’t let me even if I wanted to :lmfao:

When he’s spent 5 days coating things down to the wheel bolt caps, I don’t want to get it dirty on its first drive out it’s not worth that

My detailer wouldn’t let me even if I wanted to :lmfao:

When he’s spent 5 days coating things down to the wheel bolt caps, I don’t want to get it dirty on its first drive out it’s not worth that

Yeah, do it on the second drive hahahaha! Sadly this time of year it isn't going to be easy to find a non-dirty day...

I picked mine up in November two years ago, didn't worry about the weather. Just wanted to driiiiiiive!

Would it not be a good test of the coatings??

Reactions: Radman and D0C
Yeah, do it on the second drive hahahaha! Sadly this time of year it isn't going to be easy to find a non-dirty day...

I picked mine up in November two years ago, didn't worry about the weather. Just wanted to driiiiiiive!

Would it not be a good test of the coatings??

Lmao, we will see ;) Yeah I know it’s a bit of a nightmare but touch wood we have the next couple of weeks planned to be pretty dry.

It would be a good test sure, but I’ve said previously on the forum I don’t have to use it for work so I’m not getting the car sh*tted up on winter roads for the sake of it.

What do you think a bit of mud and water is going to do to the car?! :scared2:

You do know you can wash cars, right?

Reactions: FBF01