Facelift It's decision time, navarra blue or glacier white

Lawrence27

Reaction score
Heading off to the dealer this morning with the intention signing the dotted line for a S3 sportsback.

Only two things to decide on...

One being the colour. I appreciate both but I'm leaning towards glacier white as I believe it will be easier to maintain as my commute to work is country lanes and B roads but everytime I see navarra blue it makes me change my mind.

Two being is folding mirrors worth it, never had them before but the reverse dip seems a good feature.

Decisions decisions decisions

Two superb colours imo & the two I would go for if ordering now.

Navara is a stunning shade of blue & it looks fantastic on the S3. It’s a stunning deep shade which really suits the lines of the car.
I suspect it will be hard to keep looking clean though - i had an estoril blue S5 which is very similar to navara & that was virtually as hard as black to keep looking clean - but it was stunning.

White is now one of the colours of choice for Audi’s (& unfortunately many others now) but there is no denying it looks great. I’ve had ibis white on a TT before and it looked great and was a piece of cake to look after. I like the idea of a pearl white with a fleck so suspect glacier would look great too.

If you want a real curve ball I would suggest you seriously consider floret silver. It’s not your usual stark silver, it’s a dark smokey mercury like silver. It looks stunning on cloudy days, pops with fleck on sunny days, looks amazing with black pack & privacy glass (if you’re going black pack) and finally is easy to keep clean ... just a thought :)

Seeing this car is what made me go for floret ...

8858B5CB D6BD 4BE3 8C8E 4FA7DCCE64BA

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
I have Navarra, my daily commute is farm tracks and M5 and it is looking filthy at the moment and to be honest it would be too much effort to keep clean during winter months just because of the miles I do.

The car was detailed when I got it and to be fair it has kept a shine to it and the colour definitely stands out.

My previous car was Daytona, I would consider that and Floret as well.

Below is them looking at their best, Daytona was more glossy but Nevarra is more of a head turner in my view.

D407A104 0CC6 4422 86FF 2BDFBEA5EBB7
CF6B882E 7A24 4F4B A4AA AADBC67A985C

Reactions: Andy F, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I’d go Vegas, you know you want too
I test drove an amazingly over spec’d TTS, it was such a a head turner, considered it for the S3 as was a no cost option when was ordering, girlfriend was never going to allow it.

If ordered another S3 I would consider floret or red out of the standard colours.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and The Challinor
Daytona looks stunning on some photos but dull on others. In the flesh it is a nice colour though. After having had Grey and before that Silver I went with Navarra.

I test drove an amazingly over spec’d TTS, it was such a a head turner, considered it for the S3 as was a no cost option when was ordering, girlfriend was never going to allow it.

If ordered another S3 I would consider floret or red out of the standard colours.

Just tell her it’s black until it arrives, she will cope

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have Navarra, my daily commute is farm tracks and M5 and it is looking filthy at the moment and to be honest it would be too much effort to keep clean during winter months just because of the miles I do.

The car was detailed when I got it and to be fair it has kept a shine to it and the colour definitely stands out.

Below is them looking at their best, Daytona was more glossy but Nevarra is more of a head turner in my view.

View attachment 141359 View attachment 141358
Is it just the angle, or is that a tight parking space if anyone were to park either side of your S3?...doesn't look like much room behind!

Heading off to the dealer this morning with the intention signing the dotted line for a S3 sportsback.

Only two things to decide on...

One being the colour. I appreciate both but I'm leaning towards glacier white as I believe it will be easier to maintain as my commute to work is country lanes and B roads but everytime I see navarra blue it makes me change my mind.

Two being is folding mirrors worth it, never had them before but the reverse dip seems a good feature.

Decisions decisions decisions

As ever, it's a matter personal taste followed by practicality. You didn't actually say what choice of external trim you may settle on, standard or 'Black Edition'. We chose Glacier White with our 'Black Edition' A3 2.0 TFSi Quattro Saloon. The strong contrast of the 'Glacier White' against the black Edition' trim could be a win-win solution for you. A great and practical colour choice in our opinion.

We have had 6 Audi's now. The first, an ex-demo A5 Cabriolet, didn't have them fitted and what you've' never had you never miss! - right? However, we made certain that with all of our other Audi's we made absolutely certain they were fitted. The kerb view electric mirror option will guard your alloy wheels when reverse parking. So, be assured, this option is a MUST have in our eyes.

Whatever you settle on we know you will enjoy your new Audi.

Good Luck!

Reactions: The Challinor and Jassyo06

View attachment 141359 View attachment 141358

Stunna of a TT....S3's no bad either...lol

Just read over yer full post mate....decisions....in the huge world of Audi options.....yer choices are well....ye know what l mean...simple..... folding wing mirrors and whatever colour you choose,jobs a Goodun

Order placed,

S3 sportsback
Navarra blue
Tech Pack
Privacy glass
Folding mirrors

Now I have the long wait until March!

Reactions: OST, Jassyo06, BarryG79 and 1 other person
I'm joining a bit late as you've made your choice (correct one in my view lol).
I've not had a Glacier White car but my S5 was Ibis. I changed that for the Navarra S3.
I really liked white, never having had it on any of our many Audi's before. As we live in the country, no colour is easy to keep clean at this tim of year, however I feel Navarra is more exciting as it changes so much in different light.
In my view (and it's only personal taste) white better suits Black Edition trim and Navarra standard / chrome trim.
Look forward to hearing more about your order.

Reactions: BigBill
Not a fan of white so it has to be blue for me.

If that's your only 2 choices then white with black ed would be my preference. If you have a wider choice Daytona is a lovely colour but I think it works better leaving it chrome/aluminium trim.

BlurImage 13 11 2017 9 9 58
Same Car 2 shades of Navarra
AndyF Team Navarra
BlurImage 13 11 2017 9 8 21

Reactions: Audi Bairn
That's a tough choice mate, I'm having a similar quandary over Ibis and Tango Red for my Black Edition dirty diesel!

If I was in a position to buy an S3 It's be Ara Blue without a doubt!

Reactions: Rideen
Both superb choices but I can vouch that Glacier White is so easy to keep looking great. Dark metallic can be a bit of a ball ache and is so prone to swirl issues easily showing etc.

Navarra shows swirls worse than any car I’ve had - even Basalt black ones.

Something to do with the way it’s applied and sealed I think. My S3 needed a lot of TLC to hide them.

I swore I’d never do another Navarro car, but then couldn’t resist it and got the SQ5 in it... :D

Good choice.
Mine gets washed every three weeks or so whether it needs it or not. Get the dealer to just remove the protective film to check for damage and get it detailed/ceramic coated (cost me £220) when new. Mine has minimal swirl marks and is very shiny without much effort. Snow foam, two buckets wash and a spray with Meguiars quick/speed wax during drying off.

Reactions: Andy F and Audi Bairn
Has anyone got any pictures of a s3 sportsback Navarra blue with privacy?

I have gone through a lot of threads and can only find a couple of pictures.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
@Lawrence27
Navarra blue so hard to keep clean only washed on Sat last week lol
AndyF Team Navarra
20171116 154710

Last edited:
Reactions: BarryG79 and Audi Bairn
Order placed,

S3 sportsback
Navarra blue
Tech Pack
Privacy glass
Folding mirrors

Now I have the long wait until March!

You will get it before March, quick builds on the S3’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ Lawrance27
Nice one Navarra Blue is FANTASTIC ! Its a different shade every Time the light changes AND IT LOOKS GOOD DIRTY !
Ordered mine last april they told me Sept it was ready 2nd week in July .
It will soon be collection day .
AndyF Team Navarra

Reactions: Matt Titanium
Guessing most people will wait for new reg, I will but only for potential re-sale as bad private plate for years now.

If your on the ball.....and want a uber discount mate with a great spec......go visit some Audi showrooms after the new year.....it will amaze what discount you'll get off a showroom model....on a 67 plater.......Ye may even get Exclusive paint for Nada.....New plate means nothing to me or for the trade.....

If your on the ball.....and want a uber discount mate with a great spec......go visit some Audi showrooms after the new year.....it will amaze what discount you'll get off a showroom model....on a 67 plater.......Ye may even get Exclusive paint for Nada.....New plate means nothing to me or for the trade.....

I’m far too fussy for showroom models, I can’t live without ACC and don’t get me started on colour.

Think my discount is 14.5% odd so I’m pretty happy

Reactions: Jassyo06
I’m far too fussy for showroom models, I can’t live without ACC and don’t get me started on colour.

Think my discount is 14.5% odd so I’m pretty happy

You'd get around a 17/18% on a showroom car mate.....with a good few more goodies