Help:- how to put auto box in neutral with no key and releasing electric handbrake

aa_autos

Reaction score
hi all

Long time since I’ve posted on this forum.

I have purchased a stolen recovered Audi A3 s-line s-Tronic - the vehicle comes with no keys so have requested the V5 so I can order the key from Audi.

The vehicle is getting picked up from the salvage auction next week. The problem I am going to have is getting the car into neutral and also releasing the electric handbrake.

Can anyone advise how to manually override these?

Thanks in advance

From what I remember you need to pull the gatter up and release the lock with something like a screwdriver.

From what I remember you need to pull the gatter up and release the lock with something like a screwdriver.

Thanks for the reply I think that was with the previous models (8p) not sure if it will be the same with 8v

How have they been moving it at the salvage auction? Would they not have this info for you?

Can't it be picked up with skates then left at yours until you get the keys and are able to move it properly?

Can't it be picked up with skates then left at yours until you get the keys and are able to move it properly?

Think I will have to resort to this but will be tricky getting it off the recovery truck