Audi S3 8L BAM Catalytic converter

grobis91

Reaction score
Hello! Or when we have been interacting with the cat 200cell team2fast downpipe with 3 " in ebay are thought to buy some one but don't know if he is a quality because there are problems with the MOT.

Or where can i get another downpipe with cat for s3?

Sorry for my bad english

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Most 200cell cats need a bit of warming up to help pass the emissions... Pipewerx is one of the best 3" downpipes available currently and the CAT they supply should be a decent quality one...

You can buy them from eBay

<tuffty/>

All the cheaper 200cpi cats will have issues passing an MOT especially after they have been used for a bit. The active materials in cats such as Platinum , Palladium and Rhodium are very expensive. So cheaper cats use less of these and along with the reduced surface contact area of the more open monolith this means there will be issues.
Combine this with a poorly mapped car or one that has issues with air leaks, worn injectors etc and it's not going to get through an MOT.

Most 200cell cats need a bit of warming up to help pass the emissions... Pipewerx is one of the best 3" downpipes available currently and the CAT they supply should be a decent quality one...

You can buy them from eBay

<tuffty/>
I cant find Pipewerx for cars in ebay only bikes. What if i set 400cell?

All the cheaper 200cpi cats will have issues passing an MOT especially after they have been used for a bit. The active materials in cats such as Platinum , Palladium and Rhodium are very expensive. So cheaper cats use less of these and along with the reduced surface contact area of the more open monolith this means there will be issues.
Combine this with a poorly mapped car or one that has issues with air leaks, worn injectors etc and it's not going to get through an MOT.
Better is metal core or ceramic? What you can me recommend to do? In last year i pass MOT witch E85 on stock. Without high rpm becouse i dont want to issue engine :(

Ring pipewerx you might get lucky if he picks up.
Generally speaking he does let the phone ring a lot which was the case with myself when I purchased a 3 inch downpipe and decat so I went into his workshop and hey presto it's not even open on a Saturday afternoon wow..payed the guy in full 3 weeks before he finally picked the phone up to say ok mate yes it's ready for you.
The quality and fitment is excellent I have to say defo better than the American cheap ebay versions.
It's been on my car for weeks and I am loving it..let me know if you want more info on the exhaust..Silva bullet

Hi ! If EGT Sensor can be reason for high CO% Value?

When you fail because your CO or carbon monoxide is too high, that usually means the fuel and air ratio is way off and there is evidence of incomplete combustion or burning of the air/fuel mixture

If the EGT sensor is faulty the ECU assumes the worst case and will over fuel the car.Quite common for the EGT sensor to go faulty. I fixed mine on the TT and several others have by taking the EGT sensor apart and soldering some connections. A 15 minute job that could save you quite a bit of money.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/mk1-tt-225-track-day-car.319422/#post-3034296

Reactions: SamHendry
Hi ! If EGT Sensor can be reason for high CO% Value?

yes.... faulty EGT probe will cause ECU to run AFR very rich... a scan using VCDS would be advisable

<tuffty/>

Yes mate just rule out a lot of things by doing a full scan as advised above by the experts check egt sensor as this is where you want to focus on..
As for egt temps this will go down aswell which in turn will allow for a better remap setup.
I have done about 400 hundred miles since downpipe and decat install and have to say I'm loving the extra rumble and early spooling;engine light not on the dash as yet really thot it would come on after the install so fingers crossed it wount before I go in for my mapping next month..
Hope you sort the emissions issue real pain in backside lol...Silva bullet