Coming/ leaving home lights

Patrico777

Reaction score
Tried to enable coming/ leaving hone lights, on my a3 8p facelift, but doesnt work? My car doesnt have auto lights etc but heard on forums facelift model dont need auto lights for this to be enabled using carista app to enable it everything als work just this cannot get it to work and its main feature I wish I has ! Any help plssssss

What year is your car?

If it 59 plate and on then it won't work as it creeps into the 2010+ year like mine.

Only way is to get auto lights fitted.

What year is your car?

If it 59 plate and on then it won't work as it creeps into the 2010+ year like mine.

Mine is 2011 so shld work?

My a3 is a 2008 facelift non auto lights and coming/leaving lights was enabled on mine no problem, hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Patrico777
Tried do
What year is your car?

itried do rhrough carista ? No working

My a3 is a 2008 facelift non auto lights and coming/leaving lights was enabled on mine no problem, hope this helps

How did u enable it ? Im using elm337 obd2 and carista I enable it set time as well but doesnt come on I tried leaving the lights on drl when leaving car still doesnt work

Mine was done by a forum member and I always leave them on DLR

Stanm is the forum member that did it for me , he’s based in Loughton Essex

I will pm you his number

Pm sent

Reactions: Patrico777
Mine is a 2011 A3 and I don't have auto lights. I was able to get the coming home lights to work with carista. All i have to do is remove car keys and flash the headlight stalk quickly once. When I open the drivers door the lights then come on for the time set.

They don't come on when I unlock the car as i believe u do u auto lights then so it knows it is dark outside ??

Mine is a 2011 A3 and I don't have auto lights. I was able to get the coming home lights to work with carista. All i have to do is remove car keys and flash the headlight stalk quickly once. When I open the drivers door the lights then come on for the time set.

They don't come on when I unlock the car as i believe u do u auto lights then so it knows it is dark outside ??
Mainly I wanted it when unlocking car

It can be retro fitted, I've done it albeit on a 2007 model.

It can be retro fitted, I've done it albeit on a 2007 model.
I no it can that why im Need of help from someone I want my leds to come on and rear lights when unlocking the car

I no it can that why im Need of help from someone I want my leds to come on and rear lights when unlocking the car

You cannot enable this on your car... you will only be able to get leaving lights by flashing your high beam as you leave the car. You can retrofit the auto lights but it’s costs a lot.