B8.5 Wing Mirror Assembly?

777GE90

Reaction score
Hi all, need a little help.

I had an unfortunate incident where my car managed to clip the mirror of another on a blind turn, he was driving in the middle of the road as there were idiots parked on the corner blocking the road and our cars met right on the blind bit.

Left me with the following damage:
20171026_124257.jpg

20171026_124311.jpg

Everything works (indicators, heated element), luckily my wing mirrors don't fold electrically however I still need to check if the electric mirrors still move.

But not sure how to get the cover back on properly, I tried to tug it very gently but it didn't want to go back in place. I don't want to brake any clips or make things worse, does anyone have the assembly diagrams or have any suggestions how I can push it back into place?

That should pop back in mate. Had something similar happen to me , no scuffs to the mirror but the bottom popped out. I have also changed the LED indicator in mine before that. Take the glass off the mirror, it's push fit, and then loosen off some of the torx screws inside to make it easier to move about. There is a plastic ridge on the bottom part of the mirror that needs to seat correctly, it just needs a bit of persuasion.

That should pop back in mate. Had something similar happen to me , no scuffs to the mirror but the bottom popped out. I have also changed the LED indicator in mine before that. Take the glass off the mirror, it's push fit, and then loosen off some of the torx screws inside to make it easier to move about. There is a plastic ridge on the bottom part of the mirror that needs to seat correctly, it just needs a bit of persuasion.

Thanks you were right, was a right b***h but popped back in and it's as good as before. The scuff you see in the first picture was already there when I purchased the vehicle so really pleased as there is no damage, gotta love Audi quality. Unfortunately, the other guy was not so lucky, his entire wing mirror assembly broke and the mirror itself fell out of place and cracked.

We were really unlucky on this instance as someone had parked their car on a blind turn (on his side), forcing him to move more to the center of the road. Both of our cars met on the blind bit (the moment we saw each other was the moment of impact). So although he was on the wrong side of the road, I don't blame him as that **** parked his car on the blind turn, forcing him to risk moving into the middle and take the turn blind.