HID XENON RETROFIT RESULTS

Audi-fiend

Reaction score
Evening all

It’s that time of year when I realise how poor my headlights are. I’m considering either fitting a HID ballast and bulb kit, probably a cheap eBay sourced kit or paying three to four times as much and installing a retrofitlabs bi-Xenon kit with upgraded projectors to suit the hid bulbs.

I’m keen to know members experiences with either option. I know there is an install know how in the forum so this isn’t a fitting related question, more how happy folks have been with the light output from standard H7 projectors with hid bulbs.

Should say I have a 2004 avant sport with stock halogen headlights

I fitted OEM S4 headlights to mine and it was a massive improvement to the standard bulb, I also re-wired the manual levellers to work with them so at least I had some way of levelling lights if required,however you soon get used to the new light output and now when I use my Merc which has factory xenons I realise how poor the Audi ones are.
So if I were you I would do what you are comfortable doing as a projector swap is a headlight split job and take it from me that is a pain in the rear to do.

Last edited:
All I will say is research kits carefully first, as on my previous b6 I attempted this but bought a kit with ballasts too fat to fit under the headlights where a lot of peeps mount them