On my way!

KhalifaA3

Reaction score
Hi folks,

On my way to go and see this (I'm about 3 hours away)

I just found a great car on Auto Trader.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709109158988?atmobcid=soc3

Anything I should be looking out for in particular?

I've been using this forum since I had an A3 and I really value your guys input! So please let me know what you think.... and what I should be careful of!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

By the looks of it it has S-Line alloys? If you've got VCDS check for any codes that could relate to the PCV and DV valves. Ask when the Haldex oil and filter was last carried out too.

By the looks of it it has S-Line alloys? If you've got VCDS check for any codes that could relate to the PCV and DV valves. Ask when the Haldex oil and filter was last carried out too.
I don't have a VCDS and yep alloys are **** but I'll have them changed

Rear wiper motor is bust by the looks broken/sagging

I have a feeling he won't know when it was done, as he is a trader Nluk, would it be in the service book?

Check underneath as much as you can ie feel along the length off the sills , look from the back and check it has straight lines , check all lights work , wipers etc . Big one check it has no finance on it , he should be able to show you it doesn't have and get correct paperwork. If your happy with it ask about warranty how long once you remove it get it on a ramp and check all the underneath .

Reactions: KhalifaA3
Hi this is underneath the car... Is this normal on a 10 year old car? Should I be worried?
57280a2571cff5e5f67d423ba72f7af4.jpg
937d3760d3a73e91595fcbaf84b489df.jpg
c6fec116dc9bd344aa7fc97df52695eb.jpg

Hell!! i live by the sea and mine is nothing like that mines an 07 plate

The rear subframe does tend to show some rust on these cars. Not a deal breaker though? More important is the bodywork - check for any accident damage. The service book should show haldex oil being changed. There are a few S3 replicas out there so make sure it is an S3!

The rear subframe does tend to show some rust on these cars. Not a deal breaker though? More important is the bodywork - check for any accident damage. The service book should show haldex oil being changed. There are a few S3 replicas out there so make sure it is an S3!
Awkward, the car started to smoke... Walked away #awkward

Reactions: samuelh_888 and DJ_26
As person above said you did the right thing , next time if you get a chance when taken for a test drive pop into a garage or somewhere like kwik fit and ask them if they would put up on ramp and have a good look underneath as it pays dividends in the end .You'll find anothet one soon in fact pm @NHN as he has a good 1 to sell which had all the new off the new installed .

We went to see an S3 that was 130 miles away. Looked good in the photos, the worst I have ever seen in real life. Never even bothered driving it.
“When in doubt, do nowt! Prevents buyers remorse afterwards.

Was looking so forward to introducing myself as a new owner as well! Oh well maybe next time folks. Thank you so much for your help fellas! As the kids say in Leicester "nuff love my g's"

When I was looking to buy an S3 I took my time as I wanted the right car.

I went out on a Saturday and visited 6 cars, one after the other and none of them appealed to me. What annoyed me was I rang the dealer in advanced of getting there and they confirmed it was in good condition to find on arrival that the car was not as described. I don't know how a massive dent in the door classes as good condition.

The right car came up eventually and I have never looked back.