Directions via cluster issue

JBMF90

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have activated directions via cluster but it will only work if I start the car up, turn the RNS-E unit off and back on again and the cluster display then goes to display the >N</>E</>S</>W< compass screen.

Is this normal for the cluster to do this every time I want the screen to come up? Do I have to keep turning the sat nav unit off and on again to get it to work?

Thanks

Don’t think that is normal mate. I don’t have to do that in mine. When I start the car, I get the compass on the cluster, but I only have to press the button on the stalk to change the display. If I activate the nav, the directions automatically come up on the cluster.

I wonder if there is more than 1 way of activating this then? Would it be to activate it on the RNS-E as well as the cluster?

I can scroll through the menus such as computer 1, computer 2, compass (directions) then menu screen on the cluster but when I first get in the car and start it up, there is no compass menu. The only way to get it to come up is to turn the RNS-E unit off then on.

I'll look through the VCDS guides again and see if I have missed anything.

Thanks for your reply

Have you tried doing a reboot on the rns-e??
I can’t remember how to do it but if you google it, there’s instructions on the web how to do it. Also have you accessed the rns-e hidden menu? There’s some hidden options in there. I did and I changed a few things on my nav. I never used to get the split screen when coming to a motorway slip road or similar, but I do now. Tells me on the left what lane to be in and the full map on the right.

I will give the reboot a try and see how that gets on. Hopefully that should work!

I'll also google the hidden menu, that's good to know! I'm fairly certain I get the split screen but I'll see what other things there are to play with :)

Cheers

Just tried the suggested reboot and nothing changed, still having to turn the RNS-E unit off and on to get the directions/compass on cluster.

Also I will look at the engineers menu in depth when I get some more time.

Thank you again

Reactions: Alex Ward
Red dis clusters have a bug, so unless you upgrade to colour, this issue will happen.

Ah great, I have a coloured screen to put in, only thing is I would like someone who knows what they are doing with that to swap it over for me. Don't suppose you can help?

Immo & although I know how to do it, the expense of the tool & workload required to cover that cost I can't justify, so I don't work with those, where are you based as I may know a guy.

Yeah I've heard there is a bit of work involved in swapping them over.

I'm based in Hull but willing to travel a small distance if it can be done in the same day?

He's in surrey & tbh if you want it done mate, time & distance shouldn't be the issue lol

Ah a fair old trek then lol I'm guessing Audi would be an option but I reckon id be able to buy a second hand car for the price they will charge?