No CDC message on 2007 s3

Pazzer

Reaction score
Alright guys,

I have been using my iPod with the connector in the glovebox, however the above message has just come up. I've tried resetting the iPod but that doesn't seem to work.

Anyone had this problem?

Dan

Have you taken Head Unit out to check none off the wires are loose or have came out from there pin position in case thats what throwing tbis error up or do a Vcd's auto scan ( if u have , if not see if one off the boys will do for you ) to see if it says anything then take from there .i have errors in mine with the cdc ut different fron your error message

Have you taken Head Unit out to check none off the wires are loose or have came out from there pin position in case thats what throwing tbis error up or do a Vcd's auto scan ( if u have , if not see if one off the boys will do for you ) to see if it says anything then take from there .i have errors in mine with the cdc ut different fron your error message
I haven't tried that yet but will do. Thanks mate

I haven't tried that yet but will do. Thanks mate

Not sure which Head Unit you have in but when you take it out do it carefully and read wire diagram if a wire is out as that should help you tell where it would go back in. If nothing there do a scan and see if any other faults are found . hope it helps

Reactions: Pazzer
Not sure which Head Unit you have in but when you take it out do it carefully and read wire diagram if a wire is out as that should help you tell where it would go back in. If nothing there do a scan and see if any other faults are found . hope it helps
Well we’re trying to fix this now, the iPod cable isn’t plugged into the back of the Audi symphony unit. Ran a scan and no faults came up so now trying to take the glovebox out.

Well we’re trying to fix this now, the iPod cable isn’t plugged into the back of the Audi symphony unit. Ran a scan and no faults came up so now trying to take the glovebox out.
Simples open left side off dash at left door . 1 8mm bolt there 2x8mm bolts in footwell under glove box 1 8mm bolt in back off glove box when you look into it and 3x 8mm bolts on the upper part off golvebox once you open it . Tbink thats all them if i mind off hand

Simples open left side off dash at left door . 1 8mm bolt there 2x8mm bolts in footwell under glove box 1 8mm bolt in back off glove box when you look into it and 3x 8mm bolts on the upper part off golvebox once you open it . Tbink thats all them if i mind off hand
We’ve got the glovebox off. Looks like some aftermarket thing perhaps.

Attachments

• 86A913ED-93D7-4DAD-B977-B7D000F7030C.jpeg
    86A913ED-93D7-4DAD-B977-B7D000F7030C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
It is plugged into the back of the symphony unit. Can’t work out the problem though.

It is plugged into the back of the symphony unit. Can’t work out the problem though.
Might be best to read the diagram on top and cross reference that the wires are all in the correct pins best i can do mate

Reactions: Pazzer
Well we still can’t work it out, can anyone else on here offer any guidance? We’ve tried two iPods and two leads and it still says no CDC. I had it serviced not too long ago and it wasn’t the Audi technician.

I would hazard a guess that the aftermarket box has died. Has it got power to it?

I’m not sure, I’ll have to check it again