Interior Colour

Interior Colour

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spin140

Reaction score
I pick up my 2005 A4 Avant S-Line on saturday am in Phantom Black, 2 hours later it's being dropped off for a full leather re-trim!

I had difficulty sourcing a used car with full lthr and correct spec so decided to go down this route with a very highly recommended and reputable re-trimmer.

When the works done I plan to post a review complete with pic's in case anyone else is having the same dilema.

Basically I'm having difficulty making my mind up what colour to go for, I want the car to look very OEM so will be copying a combination that Audi already do utilising the cars sport interior, married blonde has kindly ordered me a centre rest so this will also be recovered.

My current A3 has an all black leather interior which is very conservative but looks great but am tempted to try something different, my own personal favourite at the minute being the Black/Grey combo offered in the Special edition, give me some votes to help me make my mind up please

1. Black/Grey Combination?

2. Black/Sand Combination?

3. All Black?

4. Graphite?

Black leather and dark grey alcantara. Much less slippy than full leather.

Just bought an S-line avant and with the Volterra leather there was no all black option. Looked at black/grey combo you get, but felt it looked a bit dated. In the end decided to pay that bit extra for Valcona leather........available in all black..........pheeew.

Has to be all black! Its a timeless look and is always classy! My brothers 206 gti has a black and grey interior if that helps!

I'd love to hear more about the re trim.

Was wondering how they would cope with seat Airbags.

I've a Leather interior for a Golf MKIV that i'm about to put on ebay, the drivers seat needs a bit of attention as it looks worn compared to rest of interior. These seem to go for £750 on ebay in good nick so I may look into this.

wellsy said:
I'd love to hear more about the re trim.

Was wondering how they would cope with seat Airbags.

I've a Leather interior for a Golf MKIV that i'm about to put on ebay, the drivers seat needs a bit of attention as it looks worn compared to rest of interior. These seem to go for £750 on ebay in good nick so I may look into this.

I'll post a full review when I pick the car, have also asked the re-trimmer to take 'progress' pics so we can ahve a good idea how it's done. I asked about the airbags but apparently this is not an issue as they have to use a different type of stitching around the airbag exit points to a recognised BS standard, they have done work for many dealerships so come highly recommended.

They avoid airbag warning lights by disconnecting the battery prior to removing the interior the car remains in their workshop for the duration, usually 5 days.

£750 sounds fair for your Golf interior.

I'm now swaying towards all black to give it a tasteful timeless look as I plan to keep this car for a few years "Cough, Cough!!!" Hopefully beat my average of 12 months :)

Silver silk nappa leather with black edging.

Voted all black but I would clarify this by saying that you should get aluminium trim if you go this route as it really lifts the interior.

Macduff said:
Voted all black but I would clarify this by saying that you should get aluminium trim if you go this route as it really lifts the interior.

Definetly on the to do list and already have the ash tray cover !!

If you don't mind me askinghow much is it costing you? I have been on the look out for some leather seats, but may go down the route you are taking?
Thanks
Ian

Niknak said:
If you don't mind me askinghow much is it costing you? I have been on the look out for some leather seats, but may go down the route you are taking?
Thanks
Ian

It's not particularly cheap but you get what you pay for, company charges £1,100 plus vat. This price includes all seats, Head rests, door cards & centre rests with no hidden costs. One big advantage of is all areas are covered in 100% leather. I still had slight reservations about going down this route until I dropped the car off on Saturday, the owner was so enthusiastic and so proffessional. The work remains to be seen on my car but I saw many examples of jobs in progress and was so impressed to meet a real old school craftsman. A small family run buisiness that been in operation for 20+ years and inherited by the son who is very passionate about what he does.

You get to choose from 2 large sample books, any colour combination and even get to select the type of grain preferred all at one cost as all leather is of exceptional quality and equal value. You then select a contrasting thread to compliment your choice with Steve the owner on hand to assist.

The seats are unpicked not covered over and all original airbag covers utilsed for that OEM look, any form of embroidery can also be included if you so desire.

The car remains at the workshop for 5 days and is fully insured and well looked after.

I have organised some job in progress pictures to be taken so will post these once the car has been returned and let you know what I think.

Any other questions or advice feel free to drop me a pm or here's the link to their website.

Martin

http://www.classiccarservices.co.uk/history.html