General A4 buying advice

harley141213

Reaction score
Well its been a few months since ive been on here. I did have a really nice a4 s line quattro b6 but sold it in favour of keeping my vectra gsi and having it painted. What a mistake!
I have now found myself with the urge for another a4, trouble is i dont have 4k to spend like last time, more in the region of 2.5k
Never really been a diesel fan and not sure what to go for? Im used to a v6 petrol returning 27-28mpg with all shott journeys. Not sure what audi v6's do to gallon?
Some advice from those in the know would be appreciated. Not necessarily for v6 motors but for the 2.5k budget.
Im away next week but will be sticking 12months mot on my vec to help it sell when i get back. Id expect to be actively looking in 2-3 weeks time onwards.
Thanks
Sean

You will get a far better response if you post this is the Audi B6 section.....assuming you are looking for another B6.

Reactions: DieselJake
1.8t's and 1.9tdi's are the most reliable, tuneable and economical a4 motors with a fair bit of poke you can buy within the region of 2.5k

1.8t's and 1.9tdi's are the most reliable, tuneable and economical a4 motors with a fair bit of poke you can buy within the region of 2.5k

Thanks. I understand the b6's are good, im more interested in reliability of the b7 's .
I do prefer the b6 but its looking a little dated, not a fan of the backend on the b7, the 6 looks more aggresive imo. Just wondering about venturing into b7 territory?