Airbag light on after removing mmi surround

forty3

Reaction score
So I managed to remove the mmi surround without breaking it and have fitted some packing to hopefully stop the squeaking but now the airbag warning light on the dash is on and won't go away.

I've tried removing the trim and checking the connection for the hazards switch and airbag light and also tried resetting all the fault codes with carista but that hasn't sorted it.

Any ideas anyone?

In case anyone ever comes across this, I ended up taking the car to the garage to get the light reset. Turns out that the wiring for the hazards doesn't like being disconnected.

Very odd. I have removed my Hazard Light switch numerous times (wrapping) and never came across the air bag warning light.

Maybe B8.5 alone issue....

had this on my b8 when i wrapped my dash but luckly it re set with carista

Hi am wondering if anyone can help me out a got my self a Audi A3 s line sportback 2007 after when a bought the car a noticed that the air bag light is on, on the dash and next to the stereo so a looked in the glove box and airbags where off, so a devoted to turn them on and the ligh next to the stereo went away but the one on dish is still there can anyone help me out or can it be resetet so how, will really aprreciate any help. Thanks

........."Hi am wondering if anyone can help me out a got my self a Audi A3 s line sportback 2007 after when a bought the car a noticed that the air bag light is on".......

Take the guess work out of this and get the fault code read, it'll save time in the long run. As a DIY option Carista App for smartphones with an OBD dongle would be a worthwhile and not expensive investment for fault code reading etc , there's a thread in the stickies section with info on which dongles do the job , tho Caristas own is sure to work straight out of the tin.

Reactions: Stifler1929