Apex'i AVC-R Boost Controller

JagdevS3

Professional Tatter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've been having a few issues with my N75 (who hasn't lol) and was thinking of replacing it with an AVC-R I have spare...

Has anyone done this already and if so where is the ecu wiring that I wire the avcr into, how do I blank the N75 and does it make a noticeable difference??? TIA

I've been having a few issues with my N75 (who hasn't lol) and was thinking of replacing it with an AVC-R I have spare...

Has anyone done this already and if so where is the ecu wiring that I wire the avcr into, how do I blank the N75 and does it make a noticeable difference??? TIA
What issues?
It's a fairly simple device. Fix it.

Buy a new N75... AVC-r is old tech and generally makes for a bad drive on a 1.8t..

Have used them years ago and they are no substitute for factory boost control...

The ECU will most likely have a fit and go into limp mode shutting the throttle down as its not mapped to use and external boost controller...

Save yourself the hassle and just replace the N75 if it is indeed faulty...

You haven't gone into details as to what issues you are having but faulty N75's tend to spike to boost a bit especially on mapped cars...

Have you scanned for fault codes?

Fitting an EBC is not going to fix other issues... they will still exist...

<tuffty/>

Buy a new N75... AVC-r is old tech and generally makes for a bad drive on a 1.8t..

Have used them years ago and they are no substitute for factory boost control...

The ECU will most likely have a fit and go into limp mode shutting the throttle down as its not mapped to use and external boost controller...

Save yourself the hassle and just replace the N75 if it is indeed faulty...

You haven't gone into details as to what issues you are having but faulty N75's tend to spike to boost a bit especially on mapped cars...

Have you scanned for fault codes?

Fitting an EBC is not going to fix other issues... they will still exist...

<tuffty/>

Overboost in high gears, car holds back when coming on boost sometimes

not necessarily the N75... holding back can be a boost leak, MAF issue or other stuff... needs scanning for fault codes with VCDS, smoke test and potentially logging on a dyno (or road) to see whats going on...

<tuffty/>

not necessarily the N75... holding back can be a boost leak, MAF issue or other stuff... needs scanning for fault codes with VCDS, smoke test and potentially logging on a dyno (or road) to see whats going on...

<tuffty/>
Have scanned it with the VCDS a few months back no fault codes shown, I have a forge recurc DV I know these are prone to leaks may try changing that... have access to a dyno at work just can't be bothered with disconnecting the haldex lol

Disconnecting haldex is easy... pull fuse 31

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Tj 0785
over boost (assuming its not the map) is generally from leaking pipes... in higher gears you will load the engine more and accelerate more slowly so these issues show themselves more readily... if the pipework to the N75/actuator is compromised in someway this will lead to over boost

The ECU will compensate to a degree to pull back and reduce load if it sees more boost than its requested so an issues that causes an over boost will exhibit the symptoms you describe... holding back is the ECU trying to control overboost...

I am also assuming there has been no other work done to the car recently? this issue has just recently manifested unprompted by any recent service or remedial work done to the car?

<tuffty/>