Hello - MMI question

rickparmar

Reaction score
Hello All,

So I've been a member for years but stepped away from Audi's and ended up with a E92 BMW after my S3, then a 430D which i sold a month ago (best car todate) and made a mistake of buying a merc GLC couple 3 weeks ago..

Im looking to get rid of the GLC and to buy an S5. Stepping back to Audi's so hope I'm making the right decision

However the question i have - What is the MMI system like compared to BMW iDrive. Can you do the split screen and is it pretty fast, reliable and connect to iPhone ok running Spotify?

The mercedes one is useless and i can't even connect Spotify to it properly.

Hello All,

So I've been a member for years but stepped away from Audi's and ended up with a E92 BMW after my S3, then a 430D which i sold a month ago (best car todate) and made a mistake of buying a merc GLC couple 3 weeks ago..

Im looking to get rid of the GLC and to buy an S5. Stepping back to Audi's so hope I'm making the right decision

However the question i have - What is the MMI system like compared to BMW iDrive. Can you do the split screen and is it pretty fast, reliable and connect to iPhone ok running Spotify?

In my opinion having owned a BMW f10 for a number of years the I drive I drive is a lot better system as you say if it was the professional version. In the Audi you can't split the screen I loved the split screen you could get the weather on one side. Saying that the S5 system is good but I would say the BMW just has the edge. But overall I love the S5 I came from a 535d.

Reactions: rickparmar
Hello All,

Hi, I get what you mean about the BM. I've just got rid of my 335d Touring and it was one of the best cars I've owned. The iDrive was brilliant and I was going to order the 335d Touring Shadow Edition till I found out the new version will be here next year and the pricing was miles out. I'm picking up my S5 September 1st and although I can't comment on the MMI as a full time user, it seems to offer very similar functionality along with the "wolf in sheep's clothing" factor!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: rickparmar
The new S5 has the V2 MMI, it's much faster now.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

MMI is rapid. I have come from a 2015 bmw m135i and I don't think you need split screen in the audi as I have virtual cockpit so I have music on the central screen and Sat nav in the dash.

Also Bluetooth connection is a lot faster than the bmw in my opinion.

MMI is rapid. I have come from a 2015 bmw m135i and I don't think you need split screen in the audi as I have virtual cockpit so I have music on the central screen and Sat nav in the dash.
Never thought of it like that. Good point. I've been driving with google earth on the screen and google earth on the VC. :racer: I suppose I better set it up so I have a different menu on the main screen.... I'll go and do it now. Will give me an excuse to drive the car

Thanks for the replies

Good point on not needing split view as I can use the screen and cockpit.

Put the deposit down on an S5 yesterday. Can't wait to pick it up now

The test drive was beaut and the MMI with car play.. I'm happy

Also the massaging seats was brilliant. Didn't even know the car had that until I test drive it. Realised massaging seats come standard

Thanks for the replies

Good point on not needing split view as I can use the screen and cockpit.

Put the deposit down on an S5 yesterday. Can't wait to pick it up now

The test drive was beaut and the MMI with car play.. I'm happy

Also the massaging seats was brilliant. Didn't even know the car had that until I test drive it. Realised massaging seats come standard

I've always had a BMW and I was really apprehensive moving towards the Audi. I had a good test drive, but a test drive was just too much to take in that amount of time. Anyway, I agreed to put down a deposit. Waiting time was around 10 weeks and during that time things were going around in my head - have I made the right decision?. Having lived with the car now for a month I can honestly say it is the best car I've owned. There are some niggly bits need to get used to but overall fantastic, you won't be disappointed.

Luckily I had a good test drive. She let me take the car out by myself.. and let me study the car properly.

I'm like you I was bit worried as I wanted to go back to BMW but your post does give me full confidence. Thanks :)