A3 1.2 TFSI - spark plugs issue and audi waranty

olly330

Reaction score
Hi,
Wifes 2011 a3 had an extended warranty with audi uk which expired 6 weeks ago approx, it went into audi just before the warranty expired as there was a rattling noise. Audi said it was the fuel pipe and duly replaced it. There was another noise coming from the engine at the time which I pointed out to the technician and he acknowledged but he said its nothing to worry about and lets deal with the fuel pipe rattle.

Fast forward to this week, the car threw up up ESP fault/eps/traction control light/emissions light on the dash and started to drive like a bag of spanners..... felt like it was misfiring. I had a little bluetooth code reader which found the code P0303, cylinder 3 misfire detected.

I thought its best audi looked at it due to them doing work on the fuel line only 6 weeks ago and I did mention to them at the time the other noise coming from the engine. The examined it today and say the spark plugs and HT leads need replacing at a cost of £350ish plus an investigation fee.

I am going to collect the car in a bit as I can get spark plugs and ht leads changed at a small garage for not a lot of money, I dont even know if the HT leads need doing or if they just decided it was best to do them anyway and make some extra money.

Could changing the fuel line a month ago be related to the now failed spark plugs, and the fact I told them about another noise at the time. They said on the phone that the fuel line cannot be related and neither can the other noise as when spark plugs fail there is no pre warning period or noises.