New battery, now power steering light!!?

so if resetting isn't working (using proper vcds reset going into module etc..) and anything wasn't moved other than battery as you said is time to check the connections and wires (specially on underneath as could be short wiring, or just steering slip ring gave up. also on times when it's not working properly, give it a scan and log it, then check if it got the power delivered, also battery is right one or smaller than requested? check also alternator if giving enough power and last resort to check will be current regulator.

Reactions: MrSmithr
Hi guys. In my audi a3, 1.6 petrol, the steering power light (yellow) comes on and goes off. It even comes on when the engine is off. I took it to audi last montj, but they did not find any faults and charged me £156... the car drives fine, no issues, but the light still comes on very weak sometimes amd gets brighter when I switch the engine off. Any ideas of where the issue could be?

Faulty clocks possibly? I guess the actual steering is fine?

@Adrian3 - try resetting your steering - with the wheels straight, turn full lock left, then full lock right, back to centre. Drive forward 10 metres and repeat. Sounds silly but there is a couple of posts on here about this process. If this doesn't work then it may be a case of a faulty steering rack.

Reactions: Adrian3
I will try this. People at audi said that there are no issues with the rack. The computer did not log any faults. The car drives fine, and the light is very weak amber/yellow. I have never come across such issue. But I will try the method with the steering