Low battery on key

h1r4

Reaction score
Anyone got any idea how to replace the battery on the key? Mines running low according to the on-board computer. I don't want to go to Audi because they'll probably charge a arm and a leg

Open the by pressing the two black triangles and pulling the key apart.
Then slide out the battery in a tray, there are couple of little button to press either side to release the draw.
Swap battery and put it back together.
Takes about 30 seconds. The battery is a CR2032, pennies on ebay.

Reactions: h1r4
Whilst having new tyres fitted in Audi I asked them for a price to change the fob battery. I was pleasantly surprised when they said £3.45 so told them to crack on.

For the life of me i cannot find these two buttons to pull the tray out. Could you provide me with any pictures please??

IMG 0317

With the greatest respect what does does it take for someone to read the manual instead of us doing the work for them?

With the greatest respect what does does it take for someone to read the manual instead of us doing the work for them?
That's a bit harsh.
With the greatest respect, the lad was only asking a question.

Reactions: Soot1e and h1r4
I wasn't intending on it being harsh, just pointing out that the op asked questions over several days which could have easily been answered in five minutes with a quick glance of the manual. Sometimes a read of the manual can be much more useful than you think...