A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro just purchased !

Saigon

Reaction score
hi all
back into the Audi land after a lapse.

Just got my A4 Advant 3.0 Quattro with 120k on the clock.. (automatic diesel )

Seems to be running well , bought it locally (Belfast) but was purchased last year out of England!
Originally purchased from "stockport Audi" in 2008!
Private plated a few times, the plate nos is EX58 XXX! quite like it! (anyone know the car?).
anyway the last service was Birch Park garage services in York 12.2.16 at 110710miles. (full service).. oil, oil filter/air/fuel and pollen!. the dash says service due now, what kind of service should i get done . just the oil and filter?. i rang audi in belfast..too expensive! full service is £399, basically filters and n oil change, asked them about the DSG OIL and they said it does not get changed as its a sealed unit or something along those lines.

The airbag light is on, does it have to be plugged into to the vag to turn of?
otherwise the car is a dream to drive!
thanks
john.

Last edited:
Welcome back. Yes you will need vcds to clear the airbag light. Check out the vcds map for local users. I know @Point_Audi has vcds also @piehole1983

thanks sandra!.. also the start stop button is new to me!, i have two fobs and a spare key as well!, it will turn off ok with the button near the gear stick , but won't turn on, dash board saying defective key or something along those lines!.. any ideas on that? does it need paired like a bluetooth or would it be something else?
thanks
john

not that computer savvy
how do you mean
"check out the vcds map for local users. I know @Point_Audi has vcds also @piehole1983"

Link for the map is below., or you can hit the @tags I have given you, it will take you to their profile page, click start conversation, give the message a title, write a message in the large box and when finished it click the start conversation and that sends the message to them John.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1M8YUWXBDCxcIynV6WHg3zpxWsx8&msa=0&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=54.495568000000006,-3.8232419999999365&spn=8.941335,43.505859&z=5&source=embed

thanks sandra!.. also the start stop button is new to me!, i have two fobs and a spare key as well!, it will turn off ok with the button near the gear stick , but won't turn on, dash board saying defective key or something along those lines!.. any ideas on that? does it need paired like a bluetooth or would it be something else?
thanks
john
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/key-reprograming.260316/#post-2644614

Have a look at this info on reprogram keys, not sure if it's what you looking for John.

thanks..
will try that later, but have a feeling it might need to go on the VAG. maybe someone else might have a suggestion!
cheers
john

Reactions: Sandra
never go that sorted!
anyway
i rang audi to see about DSG gear-oil change!, they said its a sealed unit (tiptronic) and does not get changed!
the mechanic i am going to get ti serviced with is checking this out. any one know on the forum?
thnaks
john

I think the early 3.0 TDI B8's had a tiptronic ZF6 gearbox and this changed in mid 2009 to a DSG box.
The Tiptronic is 6 speed and the S-tronic DSG 7 speed. If you have 6 speeds you have a tiptronic box.
The ZF auto box seems pretty strong as Bobby is running well over 400bhp and 900Nm on his 2008 auto 3.0 TDI. It may be an idea to look into changing the transmission fluid though as it doesn't last forever. Even though Audi don't spec it for replacement.
@bobby singh

thnaks
"may be an idea to look into changing the transmission fluid though as it doesn't last forever."

is that the gear oil? or something different?
thnaks
john

Thanks..
so it can be done ok,?(although Audi say its a sealed unit?)..
so it would cost around the £300 mark to get done.
i ust post some pics of the car, its quite a high spec with a TV/sat nav and bluetooth heated leather all round, a start /stop button (if i knew how to work it ) and a panoramic sun roof

Reactions: bobby singh