Audi S5 4.2 RR'd at 277 BHP?

JGLBBZ

Reaction score
Hi

My first post so go easy!

Purchased an 08 S5 in phantom black with 2 previous owners FSH 75K miles, and was impressed when I picked it up.

I went from a 300 BHP astra VXR Nurburgring and the Audi felt different I presumed this was because of the non turbo feeling nonetheless the Audi still felt like it had plenty of grunt!

A month has passed and I have put a RS5 grill and have had a X-pipe and centre silencer removed.

My next 'mod' was to get the car remapped maybe a waste of money but every horse helps!

So... I went down to a reputable tuning company down in the south west and they put the car on the RR did a couple runs and then explains the car only came out as producing 277BHP he was as shocked as I was, he said that there was 3 fault codes stored which were air switch over valve? And something regarding air injection pumps? All of which were recorded at the same time,

Could this be a severe case of carbon build up? I can post the actual codes and details later.

Thanks in advance
Jack

These engines do seem to suffer a lot with carbon build up on the back of the valves which can really hamper performance. From what I have read some wouldn't even make the rated factory power when new. You need to investigate those fault codes and if the car has never had the carbon cleaned you would be better off spending the money doing that than remapping it. You will gain more performance.

read somewhere just the other day its advised to do it roughly every 30k miles. thats not an offical line from Audi though as far as i know, just going of peoples experiences.

I had my 4.2 07 S5 RR'ed a couple of months ago, come out at 332 BHP and 335 Ft/lbs, the guy said that is a very good result, says most don't get to 320bhp