Boot and cabrio roof wiring fault

pompeyal

Reaction score
Hi all, My car is a 2006 A4 Cabrio and I have an electrical fault and would like some assistance if possible, I have trolled the forums covering similar faults and I have done some investigations, what happened is the battery went flat for no apparent reason and when I started it again the following faults appeared:-

1, the boot would not open using the remote control (the doors work fine)
2, the roof will not actuate (Open or Close)
3, the battery drains after approx. 24hrs. (If I drive the car daily the battery holds till the next day)

What I have done so far:-
1, I have checked and fully charged the battery, that is fine
2, I have checked the switches at the barrel, latch, and release mechanism, they function correctly
3, I have checked the actuator that is fine
4, I have manually opened the roof and closed it to reset and nothing different, (roof does not work and i get not available message, on switching the ignition on the roof warning icon on the dash flashes until I start the engine)
5, I have checked the loom from each switch and the actuator as far as I can back to behind the right hand boot lining for breaks, none found.
6, I have metered the earth (brown cable) at the Actuator, Barrel, Release and Latch they show good grounding.
7, I have metered the Barrel live (Blue cable) that shows no voltage
8, I have metered the Latch live (White cable) that shows no voltage
9, I have metered the release live (Grey cable) that shows 12volts
10, I have metered the Actuator live ( Red/Yellow cable) that shows short to earth.

Can anyone please help me further? I believe the roof doesn't work because of the boot release has a fault and it the roof electrics can't determine if the boot is not shut it will not open.

Questions:-
Is there a relay that may have gone faulty, if so which one and where do I find it?

Has anyone got a wiring diagram which covers the boot harness and where it is controlled from?

I have seen several times people who have had the same symptoms and the majority of the time there has been broken wires or the boot release actuator has gone faulty, If only that was the problem with mine but its not, has any of you guys had the same problems as me, if so how did you overcome them?

Cheers Alan

Right after spending more hours on this problem to no avail has anyone got a wiring diagram for the boot latch activator showing the red/yellow wire route and termination please?

Alan