ami unit

weemanno1

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm new here i'm after a little bit of info on the ami unit in my 2010 s3 sportback..

it doesnt come up on the media sources at all? ive only had the car (private sale) a week or so..
i just wanted to know if its supposed to come up saying its there and not connected or only comes up when you connect a device? ive checked on the a4 and that says ami is there all the time but no device connected.... i have plugged my i pod in and it charges but wont connect.? the same with a usb stick powers up but wont play or be recognised on the rnse unit.. am i pretty safe to say the ami module has gone up the suffet lol??

:)

check if it's enabled and if support such devices, safest way will be to plug in pen-drive (like 2 or 4GB) formatted in FAT32 with some songs. so you will be sure it will accept this hardware. If problem persist future investigation needed. You can call as well the previous owner and ask.

ive now had to ami re coded to the sat nav and all updated.. now its says aux active all the time with the ipod lead plugged in or out.. and still my 6th gen ipod nano wont play.. only charge. i believe my friends old ipod touch will work and and if i plug any device in through the 3.5mm jack lead it plays. but even when nothing plugged in it says aux active all the time is this right?? ( i'm new to the audi mmi and ami scen so not shore whats right or wrong? :)

the aux don't reveal the connection, so if it's really plugged or not for radio will see it still on, and if anything else playing but not your ipod, maybe faulty ipod?also check if the volume is high on ipod.
also try to use some adaptor 3way aux male to male as probably can trigger the ipod itself (specially as nano sues aux for usb as well audio output... <- well done apple.