VCDS issues 'Adaptation - 10'

Jimbo10

Reaction score
Hello Chaps

Met up with @jb0o with the intention of doing a few bits of coding. However he couldn't get into the system because the 'Adaptaion' button was greyed out (screenshot below).

Any ideas because I'm completely clueless when it comes to VCDS?

Screen Shot 2017 07 11 at 125501

Did you test and save first ?

Also does the module require a security code ? 31347 for 09.

If you’re clueless probably best saving an auto scan prior to making any changes.

I'm genuinely clueless. I'm not sure if Jonny test and saved first. I'll ask him.

I did see him put in a code at some point but we couldn't get into Adaptation.

Hey guys,

Test and Save were done, this to me just seemed like the module revision didn't support Adaptation changes. The security code was accepted, but the Adaptation menu remained greyed out. Even without a security access code, the 'Adaptation' option would be usually still be available and would only fail when submitting the code.

As you can see, the module revision is AE, and a few of the videos I'd saw using the Adaptations menu were using 'Q', so I'd be interested to know if anyone has been able to successfully re-code the Adaptation menu of an <= AE module.

Cheers,

Reactions: Rob2k68
Just did a search on my NAS and I have worked on a good number of cars equipped with this module, all S3's. Could be a bug in the current live VCDS version. Try installing the beta and testing. Beta and Live install in to different folders so you can coexist without issues.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Hello Chaps

Met up with @jb0o with the intention of doing a few bits of coding. However he couldn't get into the system because the 'Adaptaion' button was greyed out (screenshot below).

Any ideas because I'm completely clueless when it comes to VCDS?

View attachment 130510

HELLO HOW DID YOU FIX THAT , BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE
THANKS IN ADVANCE