Central locking (not the common faults)

_scotty_

Reaction score
Hey I'm having trouble with my central locking. When I first got the car about 3 months ago the vacuum pump that controls the central locking in the boot had gone so I replaced that. I'm now having another issue, my key won't open or lock the doors. I have replaced the batteries and check fuse 38 but still no luck.

When I put the key in the ignition and turn it on the doors/boot opens

Any ideas on what it could be??

Doesn't open turning the key in the lock, pressing the button or both...? pressing the lock/unlock button by the drivers door handle works?

By open I assume you mean unlock and not actual opening of the boot or doors..

You need to re-sync the key to enable remote lock/unlock after a battery change...

If turning the key in the lock doesn't work then its more likely a microswitch in the lock mech thats at fault...

If the locks 'operate' in any way then it suggests the pump is working but the triggers to operate it don't...

There may be fault codes too so a scan with VCDS is worth while

<tuffty/>

It will open the door if I put the key in the lock and turn it. Pressing the lock/unlock by the drivers door handle doesn't work.

I have tried to resync the key but no luck

I don't have vcds but think I'm going to need it. Don't suppose anyone is from north wales that could scan it for me?

As tuffty says will need re syncing if you changed the batteries. If no one with vcds near you vw Audi do it for a set fee

It's just started working again this morning as if nothing's happened.

I had tried to resync the key when I changed the battery but it was like the key wouldn't work. I done everything as normal to resync it but when you press either lock/unlock button to sync it there was no flash to let you know it had worked.

I have previously resynced the key twice before with no problem.

Anyway at least it's working again thanks for everyone's help