Navigation Defective note on DIS

Ormesome

Reaction score
Afternoon gents

Wondering if anyone can help. Got a note pop up on my DIS just now saying Navigation Defective. Its a new Note section and not the normal part where the window washer empty warning is shown. Its in blue and at the end of the sections in the DIS as you scroll left or right, its towards the right, after the telephone option to the right. The yellow Note sections are usually on option 2 for me. Its weird as I don't even have navigation installed so I don't know why it's popped up. The menu part has never been there before and if I click on the MMI option then the system still says Navigation Not Enabled as it always has! Iv tried to add a photo but a bit difficult as on my phone so I hope it works. If it doesn't then I'll try and add a pic later when I'm on the laptop.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

J

Finally got home and managed to get this photo to upload. Any views on what it might be or what that section of the DIS relates to? as mentioned before i haven't seen anything in that location before, only window washer level low or fuel low warning after the car info, but that was always in yellow and in location 2 on the top menu...not in blue and at the end to the right....

FullSizeRender

Me too mate. Very strange. Iv googled it and searched here but no results for defective navigation.

@DJAlix have you ever come across this symbol or note before?
Never seen that before and am a little surprised by it as error messages, as you said, normally pop within a tab 2nd from the left. Would need to plug in to see what the actual issues is. Very strange for a car with no nav.

Reactions: Ormesome
I've got that in the DIS from where I was trying to enable compass using VCDS without having Nav.

Mine's a '65 plate SportBack that is Nav ready, but not enabled (and no map SD card).

I assumed that it needed dealer to activate navigation to utilise the GPS for DIS...

Thanks @DJAlix . I think @aurian has found the problem. I was playing with Carista and I think I enabled the compass option. I'll have a check tomorrow and report back. If it is this then its weird that a new tab has been made. Do I take it that this tab that has suddenly appeared, doesn't exist at all as standard and Carista has made it?

I think you would get that tab for compass as standard if Nav was enabled.

I was hoping I could use the GPS receiver for something useful, even if I didn't have Sat Nav/maps!

Yup. That's the navigation tab you've got there. It looks like whatever you did with Carista, you've enabled the navigation tab, but it doesn't work because you don't have the nav installed.

Cheers for the comments and help. It is indeed on Carista, the option to enable the Compass. As i don't have navigation enabled then the compass effectively doesn't exist so shows an error in the tab.Iv reset it via Carista and the error has gone :yahoo:

Last edited:
I've got that in the DIS from where I was trying to enable compass using VCDS without having Nav.

Mine's a '65 plate SportBack that is Nav ready, but not enabled (and no map SD card).

I assumed that it needed dealer to activate navigation to utilise the GPS for DIS...

Ditto. Same for me when trying to activate the Compass without Nav being activated by the dealer.