Turning s3 into track car

Ashley.T

Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of turning my Audi s3 into a fully suited track car. The purpose of my feed is to gain knowledge on rout but also educate myself and the uneducated for future. Any guidance as I go would be hugely appreciated and as I go I will keep updating.

Next week is the start of my big project by forging the engine. Currently I'm at stage 2+ with a roll and road @ 342bhp. I won't go into to much detail about what I have as everything is changing as of this week. However I will keep ..

Apr intercooler
Apr downpipe
Miltek decat exhaust
Uprated clutch
Forge carbon induction kit

But next ..

Friday my engine is being swapped with a forge engine and I'm looking at the garret Gen 2 turbo to go with it..

Planning on fitting turbo and remap @ Eco tune.

After this will be kW club sport suspension

8 piston brembo brakes - pjct moo pads.

Anti roll bars
Racing line drop links all round
Wish bone kit ( alloy)
Control arm and trailing arms bushes
Front camber adjustable ball joints

kW club sport suspension/top mounts

Roll cage and stripping I need help?

Light weight alloys.

Possibly Haldex G4 ??

Anything anyone can say or recommend please do before I make some big mistakes. .

Hoping get back to the ring in May. Fully loaded .

Many thanks.
Ash.

Reactions: HHS3
Building an daily\track day S3 myself - see thread here,
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-8p-daily-and-track-day-car.312334/

What you have listed is pretty much what I'm doing, I've had a few track day cars in the past and have always concentrated on suspension and brakes before power. Don't forget to fit a decent set of semi-slick tyres and a bucket seat\harness are a must

Cooling is always a big consideration so an oil cooler will be essential, I've been advised I don't need an alloy radiator but if you can afford one I would get one

Thank you very much for your help psmurphy.
I've just read over your thread there and is very useful, I think I must go for the kW variant club sports after reading that.
Also with taking my mates forged engine I'm looking at going for the garret turbo which hasn't been mensioned .. Seems silly not to as the engine work etc I will already have and will be able to gain 500+

What oil cooler do you have?
Also anywhere you can recomend for the roll cage?

Yes as soon as my engine is sorted with the turbo, I will be going straight for the brakes, suspension and possibly r888r's?

I'm not in a great rush to throw away my money as the car will be in the garage until it's ready for the track. I live in Northumberland and can't justify smashing my car up on the roads with these pot holes!! . It's sitting tight for track days.

Reactions: S3Alex