Worth it?

The_Ironist

Reaction score
So this just happened
Video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2FWrJf3sV__UWh1WWFGMjB0eDA

IMG 4182

I slowed in order to pull in expecting her to do the same but before I could get to the widest bit she just ploughed on and clipped it.

Wish I had recorded the convo after as she said she couldn't see round the corner in order to see me. We were straight on for ages beforehand, she had her son in the car, surely you wouldn't go round a corner so fast if you can't see around it?

If I was to put to insurance likely to find no one at fault?

What's the cost of a new wing case and how hard is it to fit?

Last edited:
Wouldn't bother with a new one, just get it re-painted if you can. Will no doubt be cheaper, they're easy to change.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
If you put that through insurance you're mad. I'd try getting it buffed to see how much goes away.

Reactions: RSS-S3 and Audi Bairn
probably can get the majority out with compound. where you based? worst case is a smart repair guy

I would compound that mate. It doesn't look bad.
Does any of the marks catch your finger nail if you run it across them?

Is it down to the primer. Hard to tell from the puc.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

To my untrained eye, I'd say some of that is paint transfer and the rest is in the clear coat. I think most of it will buff out.

Alternatively it's a perfect excuse to pick up some of the Audi Carbon ones some of the garages were selling off cheap. :)

Reactions: RSS-S3, robps3 and Tom.H
To my untrained eye, I'd say some of that is paint transfer and the rest is in the clear coat. I think most of it will buff out.

Alternatively it's a perfect excuse to pick up some of the Audi Carbon ones some of the garages were selling off cheap. :)

carbon and cheap, that my language any link to what these are?

Only go for the real Audi ones as the weave on some of the others isn't done very well. :)

Reactions: Supa Koopa
Where I live is mostly back roads, some as narrow as the one in your video, some even narrower.
I've had a few recently where I come to a stop and the other car could do likewise but just keeps coming when it would be easier to stop.
Really bugs **** out of me!
It's like when they panic they keep going.
Dread to think what would happen if i did the same as them :wtf:

Try some of this mate, I find it great stuff http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/shampoo-polish-wax/meguiars-ultimate-compound-450ml

I've had a few recently where I come to a stop and the other car could do likewise but just keeps coming when it would be easier to stop.
Really bugs **** out of me!
It's like when they panic they keep going.

Yep I've had that and said exactly the same, it's like they are too frightened to touch the brakes and slow down..."I have to keep going at all costs".

Not at all worth it!

Like everyone else has said, it will more than likely completly buff out. Or if you know anyone with a Orbital polisher, get them to clean it and buff it!

Can be fixed in seconds!

Probably not a lot of help to you now but living in Devon and being used to narrow lanes + "townie" drivers not knowing the width of their cars, I usually drive down narrow lanes with my wing mirrors folded in. As you've discovered it's usually the mirrors that get it! Must be a reflection (pun intended) on their lousy driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It amazes me how many people tear round country lanes. I'm one who always allows for another car coming in the opposite direction at speed and I wonder what happens to these drivers when they meet an oncoming car also driving fast.

Try some of this mate, I find it great stuff http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/shampoo-polish-wax/meguiars-ultimate-compound-450ml

Yep I've had that and said exactly the same, it's like they are too frightened to touch the brakes and slow down..."I have to keep going at all costs".
One of them is our neighbours wife and I've not got the bottle to sit in the middle of the road to force her to slow down (It's barely wide enough for two cars to pass on the widest bits and some single track / blind corners) in case she just drives straight into me. There's guys in delivery vans too and they just don't give a ****.

That will easily buff out, or take this as an excuse to get the ALU or CF caps.
I personally prefer factory paint and shy away from repaints unless I really have to.