A3 T Quattro - Problems

jimmi

Reaction score
Just had my car hooked up to a VagCom

And after looking round the net a few of the codes all see to relate to the "brake switch" malfunctioning (16955/00526). I guess this is an easy procedure to rectify...anyone replaced this?

I also get 01435 which seems to be related to the abs, although i guess it my part of thr brake switch malfunctioning. So will wait to see if replacing the brake switch solves that.

And finally 17705 - pressure drop between turbo/throttle, on googling this it seems i might have a fault Dump Valve or connecting pipes. Any pointers on this would be useful.

NB/ the only time i look under the bonnet is to check the fluids :3sadwalk:

Your Abs fault is likely to be connected yeah. should be straightforward to change the switch.

The pressure drop could be a split pipe so have a good look around and check em all.

Other than that it could probably be your Divertor valve, which is pretty common on these cars. New one is fairly cheap and easy to fit

Mine has been showing the 17705 (P1297) code for a while now and am trying to fix but is the DV the dump valve (the black Bosch unit) or the Diverter valve (the part with 3 plastic tubes coming out of it and an electrical plug?

Cheers

Stephen

Dv is diverter valve on the Audi's. They dont fit dump valves.
Suggest you clear the codes first and rescan after a few days to see what comes up again. DTC's are recorded into the ECU even if they have occured intermittantly be it a while ago. If they return then tackle each job in turn. The best thing is that both faults are cheap to fix.
P.S yes it iss the Bosch unit that needs to be changed if it is that.

Thanks for making it clear!!

I did reset the codes but havent checked them for a while so will have a look again tomorrow.