Poorboys black hole question

Jimbo10

Reaction score
Here's the situation. Car's been pre-washed, shampooed and dried.

I have a load of AG Aqua Wax, so after applying Black Hole would I be OK to lightly sprinkle the car with water and apply Aqua Wax...would this have any detrimental effects?

I also have some carplan no1 gloss and Sonax BSD - I'm assuming these products would also be ok to go on top of Black Hole as well ?

Yeah, @scotty76 should work well with PBBH. When I used PBBH on my old black car I sealed it with CG Butter Wet Wax. Gives it an extremely glossy finish and lasts a good few months!

Reactions: scotty76
That's essentially what I was getting at.

Can PBBH be locked in with a wipe on, wipe off product like CarPlan or Sonax BSD for example?

Sure. All you are looking for is a layer on top of the Blackhole to protect it. Looking at the products you have the CarPlan No.1 should last longest (based on their claims and adding a pinch of salt) but I have no direct experience to offer. @Scottyg used it and seemed happy. Aqua Wax I have used in the past and will last 2-4 weeks depending on conditions.

AG Aqua wax is an awesome product. Wash the car ,then whilst still wet spritz some of the Aqua wax and dry with your drying towel

Use Black Hole followed by you LSP of choice. Then after a few washes top up with the Aqua Wax

You can top up with the CarPlan Gloss No1 every 4-6 weeks. I'm getting more tomorrow when out but it's still beading like crazy 2 months on from first application. I've got 3 layers on mine, put them on a few days a part. Very easy to use and it does give a nice Gloss effect.
IMG 0442

Reactions: Jimbo10 and scotty76
Gents, rather than creating a new thread I thought I'd ask for some help on the same thread (not trying to steal your show @Jimbo10 , just avoiding duplication).
I have two light colored cars; Glacier White with AG 'Lifeshine' and Silver A4 (B7). The plan is to do some maintenance on both next week. The products that I have (sealed) are
- AG Super Resin
- AG Aqua Wax
- Meguiars Ultimate Compound
- Meguiars Polish (Step 1)
- Meguiars NXT wax

The help I need is firstly on my Silver A4. I did a 1-Stage correction a month ago and want to finish it next week. So the plan is:
- BH Snowfoam
- Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo
- De-contaminate/de-tar the car with CF ObliTararte and CP Iron-X
- AG Aqua Wax
- Meguiars Polish with DA
- Meguiars Wax NXT with either by hand or DA (not sure yet)
Now what I am not sure is the sealant or due to my limited knowledge do I need it. If so what would you guys recommend for light color car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my White car, which has AG Lifeshine I am not planning on a full 3-Stage correction / Nano coating yet. Was planning on repeating all of the above steps in the same order with the exception of that I won't be using DA on it. Do you guys think it would suffice and that it would give me good, deep gloss on both the cars? Do I need any sealant and if yes, which one would you guys recommend.
Would really appreciate your expert opinions and guidance. Thanks.

Who put the lifeshine on? TBH it's utter pants and not worth the money! Dealer normally charge upwards of £300 to apply it and it cost about £20 off eBay.

I also wouldn't use AGSRP as a polish as it doesn't really do much. Gives a nice shine but plenty other products do that.

The NXT Wax is ok, but doesn't last long. I'd look at something like CarPro Reload or CarPlan No1 Gloss. Both relatively inexpensive and work well. Favourite is still CarPro Reload.

Reactions: V6_Man
Who put the lifeshine on? TBH it's utter pants and not worth the money! Dealer normally charge upwards of £300 to apply it and it cost about £20 off eBay.

I also wouldn't use AGSRP as a polish as it doesn't really do much. Gives a nice shine but plenty other products do that.

The NXT Wax is ok, but doesn't last long. I'd look at something like CarPro Reload or CarPlan No1 Gloss. Both relatively inexpensive and work well. Favourite is still CarPro Reload.

It was me who said yes last year when I bought the car - one of my many regrets I want to get rid of it but the only time I will have free will be now in Sep and therefore I don't to do a rushed job.

AG SRP is only to mask any swirls on the white one and nothing more.

So, if I go with
- MG Polish,
- AG SRP
- Obsession Wax or Fusso 99, and
- CarPro Reload

Would that be OK? It has polish, wax and sealant

By no means am I an expert, in fact I'm not even a novice but the reading I've done has shown that Poorboys Black Hole is the go to product for swirls. However, I believe that is specifically for dark colours.

I think the SSR3 is for lighter colour cars...so you might want to check that out:
http://www.poorboysworld.co.uk/cgi-bin/pbw.cgi?Command=ListEPages&db_cid=13

Saying that, if you can't be bothered to buy further products then just use SRP. However, I've not read huge amounts of it's ability to hide swirls. The AG product that I've seen mentioned a lot when it come to swirls is Ultra Deep Shine.

Cheers bud. I have AG UDS as well. Currently have four tabs open on my laptop: CYC, Polished Bliss, BH and CarPro. Have to sort out these things (only four products ) by tomorrow. I don't mind buying more products, I already have a huge stock of AG and Meguiars that I am going to give to one of my neighbors as I won't be using them anymore. All I want is someone to help me with the shortlist .

Honestly pal. The entire topic is a minefield and it's a nightmare because everyone has their own preferences and bias towards products.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Cheers bud, it is definitely a minefield. I am almost there. Few more reviews, will give it a go and find out how these are.

Honestly pal. The entire topic is a minefield and it's a nightmare because everyone has their own preferences and bias towards products.

Good luck with whatever you decide
That's true enough. Everyone has their own favourites but that's part of the fun. Try some stuff, see what you like, see what works and what doesn't. Learn and move on. And remember your opinion is as valid as anyone elses. There is no right answer.

Reactions: Jimbo10
Second @Scottyg recommendation for Carpro Reload. It's easy and a good product. On black I find Gyeon Cure streaks less easily than Reload so I've switched to that.

Finally I'm a fan of using up what I already have. Love buying new products but discipline myself to use up first. :)

Reactions: Scottyg and V6_Man
Second @Scottyg recommendation for Carpro Reload. It's easy and a good product. On black I find Gyeon Cure streaks less easily than Reload so I've switched to that.

Finally I'm a fan of using up what I already have. Love buying new products but discipline myself to use up first. :)

And the conclusion I reached last night. I am going to finish what I have. The only thing I am going to buy is a good sealant as I never had one, few MF drying and polishing clothes and leather/Alcantara care, which finished. Believe my brain starts working only after 2am - discipline

Reactions: Scottyg and scotty76